• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Planet 60

10 posts in this topic

Nice-looking book! Tough to grade... strong mid-grade at first glance, but looks like there's some silverfish nibbles on spine and around edges, as well as the missing chip. 4.0/4.5 range seems about right.

Nice-looking book! Tough to grade... strong mid-grade at first glance, but looks like there's some silverfish nibbles on spine and around edges, as well as the missing chip. 4.0/4.5 range seems about right.

I think so as well. I had a chance to buy this book when it was slabbed. CGC had it as a 4.0. The dealer unslabbed the book becuase he felt it was a 4.5. I'm not sure that was a wise move. (shrug)

I think so as well. I had a chance to buy this book when it was slabbed. CGC had it as a 4.0. The dealer unslabbed the book becuase he felt it was a 4.5. I'm not sure that was a wise move. (shrug)

4.0/4.5 is right - the spine looks ready to split from the top staple up due to nibbles. An example of a pretty book with problems. I can't see cracking a slabbed 4.0 to sell as a raw 4.5 unless you wanted to read it first. It's not like there's the opportunity for a big price bump. I think most buyers of low-mid grade books are more influenced by eye-appeal and/or specific defects than they are with specific grade when deciding what a fair price is.

4.0/4.5 is right - the spine looks ready to split from the top staple up due to nibbles. An example of a pretty book with problems. I can't see cracking a slabbed 4.0 to sell as a raw 4.5 unless you wanted to read it first. It's not like there's the opportunity for a big price bump. I think most buyers of low-mid grade books are more influenced by eye-appeal and/or specific defects than they are with specific grade when deciding what a fair price is.

(thumbs u