• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many forum members have you dealt with?

123 posts in this topic

I was just going over my sales records and discovered that I had done business with a couple members of these boards years ago... I got curious, and made a short list. I'd be interested in how many of the folks here have done business with each other.

I'll start it off with my list. I recognize that some people are anonymous here which makes it a little harder to tell, but these are the ones I know.

By my count, I have bought/sold/ or traded with seven regulars here:

In no particular order: FlyingDonut, supapimp, DarthDiesel, rickdogg, SilverandBronze, cd4ever, and Joanna...

There may be a couple more I am forgetting (or that I don't know I've dealt with...)

So how 'bout you?

If you include both eBay and sales on the forum, the completed ones are as follows:

1) Rickdogg

2) Darthdiesel

3) FlyingDonut

4) Clobberintime

5) Werner Von Doom

6) Odin88

7) Bronty

8) gman shocked.gif

9) hogations

10) cd4ever

11) Scottish

12) Comicinvestor shocked.gif

13) bronzebruce13

14) sullypython

15) supapimp

16) drbanner

17) loisandclark

18) jordanabigail (pending)

19) tkg2627

20) Bonds25

I'm sure that there are others. Sorry if I missed anyone! frown.gif

I've bought from clobberintime, MonumentalCollectibles, sullypython, loisandclark. Somebody on here sold me a Silver Surfer #3, but I have the memory of a gnat for things like that and can't remember who. blush.gif

Off the top of my head: sullypython, Darth, Joanna (currently negotiating), artdee, bronze!, quasarcomics. I know I'm missing a couple, but that's most of them. Darth and Joanna are the only ones I dealt with as a result of meeting them here, all others were pre CGC message board (I think).

A bunch of them too! I always tell other folks about this site that i do regular biz with hoping they will come forth and bring their knowledge and wisdom. I see Leeboy2 and Midnite shadow all the time on ebay and have told them to check this place out. Anyone else besides me do biz with Meth - I bet i am one of the few to have sold him books! My transactions with him all went well - even though he is now accusing me of sending him a somehow restored f/vf FF 12 two years after the transaction! Greggy knows the guy I bought that book from - along with several other books- and I find it hard to believe anything was done to it. Did have a restored book I bought off ebay that later went to Mr. FF and we had it cgcd and I took it back and still have it - a very sharp Spidey 9 9.2 with slight color touch. A book that was probably a 9.0 prior to being fixed up - now what kind of nut has to do stuff like that to try to improve on a;ready perfect looking book!

Meth has purchased many books from me throughout the years and I have done my best to return the favor.

Last book he bought from me was a very nice ASM 26 raw copy that he got for a steal.

Now I do not sell any high dollar books ungraded on Ebay , primarily because of that sale laugh.gif

Every other transaction I have been involved on this forum has been as a seller and for the record you guys are a pleasure to deal with.

Oh yea, and I've bought a VF/VF+ X-Men 7 from Meth. And an 8.5/9.0 Spidey 14 from notch_top, as well as a Spidey 3 CGC 9.0 that got stolen before he could mail it. Still haven't gotten another Spidey 3, goldarnit.

I wish the damn economy would pick up more rapidly so I could buy from MORE forum members, my current job seems to be circling the bowl.

I've had successfule transactions with;

1) greggy

2) drbaner

3) bonds25

4) sullypython

5) flyingdonut

6) hogations

7) lois and clark

8) Joanna

and probably a few others I forget. I've only had one bad transaction and that was a sale.

I sold a ASM 50 in what I called F+ shape for somewhere around 65-70 dollars *(can't remember specifics). Dude got it and determined it was in F- shape and wanted like 32 dollars back. Based on his math, that was the price difference. I offered to split the diff and offered him 16 back. He said no and demanded the 32. I really wanted to tell him to bite me but I caved and sent him 30 bucks back. In retrospect I should have just asked him to send the book back and cancel the whole deal. I believe my grading was fair. I don't sell very much however. Only when I need the cash.