• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My first official foray into OA artwork.

14 posts in this topic

This weekend I finally decided to get in the OA world and picked up a few items at the Calgary Comic & Entertainment Expo I was selling books at:

Whilce Portacio pre-drawn sketch:

IMG_7286-1.jpg

Cary Nord sketch (check out my Calgary Convention report to see what a great guy he is for doing this for me):

IMG_7287.jpg

Ethan Van Sciver pages from GL Secret Files:

IMG_7289-1.jpg

IMG_7290-1.jpg

AND I received confirmation from Ethan that I am soon to be the owner of this cool cover:

feb080182d.jpg

Since I am a newbie into the OA world, what is the best way to store these pages?

Thanks,

Ryan

Mylar sleees are the best way to store them.

google bce mylar or e-gerber, they are the best places around.

I would be very wary in putting them up on walls, even with archival glass and frames. Some of your stuff are con sketches, and if markers were used, they will fade with exposure to light (heck, from what I hear, they will fade even without exposure to light..)

Malvin

Thanks. I will look into the Mylars. Would a portfolio binder like the one that Whilce had his art in be a good idea as well?

If I hang any artwork it will be in my basement office which does not get any direct sunlight at all.

Hey Ryan,

welcome to OA !

I would store your stuff in a portfolio from either AC Moore or on line retailer. Framing is very expensive, so I would reserve it for prime stuff that you plan on keeping.

Mylars are ok, but a portfolio is easy to carry around and is made to be acid free and protect paper.

Thanks. I will look into the Mylars. Would a portfolio binder like the one that Whilce had his art in be a good idea as well?

If I hang any artwork it will be in my basement office which does not get any direct sunlight at all.

Actually, any light can cause fading for markers, so unless your piece is india ink, avoid light like the plague!

Malvin

Hey Ryan,

welcome to OA !

I would store your stuff in a portfolio from either AC Moore or on line retailer. Framing is very expensive, so I would reserve it for prime stuff that you plan on keeping.

Mylars are ok, but a portfolio is easy to carry around and is made to be acid free and protect paper.

Thanks!

This weekend I finally decided to get in the OA world and picked up a few items at the Calgary Comic & Entertainment Expo

Great stuff Ryan! The show was a lot of fun - I'll be posting my swag soon. Brandon

Hi Brandon,

What did you pick up?

Cheers,

Ryan