• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jeffrey Jones art day
1 1

16 posts in this topic

Well, I finally got around to photographing this beauty. From the classic 1998 Edgar Rice Burroughs Calendar comes one of Jones' most famous paintings. An inconic image of Tarzan used as the frontispiece. Enjoy:

JJTarzanFinal.jpg

Great piece, I wish I could afford a JJ original that was comic, fantasy or Heavy Metal related.

I'll chime in with this piece which was affordable.

jjones.jpg

A Jeff Jones thread...well I had to check it out.

Beautiful painting! Congrats.

Here is one done as a commission one year after the calendar came out.

(Please excuse the dorky 6'5'' guy at left)

bigoltarzan.jpg

Well, I finally got around to photographing this beauty. From the classic 1998 Edgar Rice Burroughs Calendar comes one of Jones' most famous paintings. An inconic image of Tarzan used as the frontispiece. Enjoy:

JJTarzanFinal.jpg

I didn't realize yours was that big either, even better! Now I see the baseboard behind the piece. Even more jaw dropping.

If I remember correctly, these pieces were done durin the time where Jeff painted very few figures having eye/eyeballs.  Sure, there was a darkened/shadowy area for the eye sockets, but take a closer look to see if there's any eyeballs.

yes, I know I'm sounding a bit strange and this is something odd to point out, but if one's eyes are meant to be the pathway to get one's soul, then I find it very truly telling of Jeff's ability to render a complete figure with so much soul... Sans eyeballs :golfclap:

@Dan - There are not words...

@ESeffinga - Yes. That's why I added to, instead of starting my own. I humbly follow in the footsteps of those much greater that came before.

@Barcarter27 - Yes everything. Except a cat. But that wouldn't work here. So I still need another JCJ ;) Nazrat would work :)

@jjonahjameson11 - You are correct. No eyeballs. Jeffrey was definitely exploring Expressionism for about ten years, beginning early-mid 90.