• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess the grade: Mad #11

24 posts in this topic

Classic Wolverton cover (scary, no?); pages ow/w; printers (nutsac) crease along right edge of front cover, near the top; no interior defects

What grade did CGC give this book?

Mad11front.jpg

Mad11back.jpg

Would it matter to you guys if I told you the major East Coast dealer who sold me this book, and is widely considered on these boards as one of the most tight graders in the biz, had this book as a NM-?

The NCB creases by the upper staple on the FC also turn up (or 1) on the back, giving the appearance of the upper 1/4 of the book getting a mild bend. If that's the case, would it not pull it out of the NM- range? As well as the chip?

It's a great looking book regardless!

Would it matter to you guys if I told you the major East Coast dealer who sold me this book, and is widely considered on these boards as one of the most tight graders in the biz, had this book as a NM-?

No, because I don't agree with him on every book. (thumbs u

8.0/8.5

easy 8.5+ if not for the foxing :eek:

Oh wait.

It's guess the grade so I need just one.

8.5 and watch them scream when it's 9.0 lol

It is 8.0-ish...lots of dealers and people would grade this higher as thinking it a rare find, not a lot of other issues to compare to, bump for age/rarity/sought-afteraty...etc.

Nice copy regardless...this is only one of 2 Mads I currently own but perhaps my favorite cover/copy of all time other than the other one I own (for obvious psychological reasons...)

My copies...

MAD11VG--2.jpg

MAD17G-VG-2.jpg