• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Let's try something new . . .

Grade this GL #76  

165 members have voted

1. 1. Grade this GL #76

21 posts in this topic

Let's see if we can grade this book by poll ONLY - no comments in the thread. :sumo: (Bet we can't do that! :whistle: )

As I have discussed (subsequently) with Brian, this post was not meant to comment on his grading of book. The sale was completed and both buyer and seller were happy - end of story. The below comments are unwarranted.

this is my book, and the sale was completed already. I have no problems if people want to speculate or guess on the grades of my books. If divad had a problem with the grade of my book I wished he would have just said so and asked me why I thought it was an 8.0 and I would have answered publicly.

Let me just say that I refrain from commenting on divad's often over graded copies yet I never say anything publicly. Why he feels the need to do so here is beyond me. I don't believe the book is over graded, and i am confident in the grade I have assigned. Since multiple people would have bought the book and it sold in 5 minutes... I'm not sure why it matters.

I have no problem with the grades I see spread, the majority between 7.0 and 8.0 -- the buyer in fact said that he thought it was a 7.5 -- and I replied that's okay and adjusted the price slightly downward as a result of his feelings.

So now the rule is, if you don't agree with a forumite's grading, make as public an issue about it.

Okay, let's see how that plays out the next time divad decides to sell books that will never sell because they are overgraded and over priced.

I have no problem with the grades I see spread, the majority between 7.0 and 8.0 -- the buyer in fact said that he thought it was a 7.5 -- and I replied that's okay and adjusted the price slightly downward as a result of his feelings.

So now the rule is, if you don't agree with a forumite's grading, make as public an issue about it.

Okay, let's see how that plays out the next time divad decides to sell books that will never sell because they are overgraded and over priced.

(worship) (worship) (worship)

this is my book, and the sale was completed already. I have no problems if people want to speculate or guess on the grades of my books. If divad had a problem with the grade of my book I wished he would have just said so and asked me why I thought it was an 8.0 and I would have answered publicly.

Let me just say that I refrain from commenting on divad's often over graded copies yet I never say anything publicly. Why he feels the need to do so here is beyond me. I don't believe the book is over graded, and i am confident in the grade I have assigned. Since multiple people would have bought the book and it sold in 5 minutes... I'm not sure why it matters.

Wow. I did not know this. Sounds like a -move to me

move (n)-

An action by one male to another male friend which violates understood social expectations, especially where the transgressor obtains a slight advantage in comparison with a relatively large inconvenience imposed upon the aggrieved party.

It was a move when Tom encouraged several dancers at the strip club to order drinks, then left his friend Bill to pick up the tab.

Tom and Bill were both interested in the same girl at the bar; when Tom falsely insinuated to the girl that Bill had erectile dysfunction, that was a move.

David wtf dood, are you off your meds lately or what?

Why you made this thread, or what the point of it was I have no idea, and frankly I dont wanna know. If somebody pulled this type of crahp on you we would never hear the end of it. Worry about yourself more, about less what everyone else is doing that you don't like.

And btw, I didnt even see Brians sales thread and graded the book a 7.5 at a glance, and seeing what he sold it for I would have snatched it up before the pixels had a chance to dry on the screen.

The funny thing is, I have had no issues with divad, but apparently he harbors some sort of problem with me. Perhaps it's because so many of my books sell while his languish. I really don't know.

For public record, if people have had problems with my grading I haven't heard about it much.

Ernester had an issue once but it had more to do with shipping. We left it at agree to disagree and nothing more. I have no bad feelings about that. In retrospect, I bear the blame for that transaction and how I handled it.

Divad and I went at it once, but I thought our resolution was amicable.

LordRahl bought a book once and CGC hammered it. This was a grading error I made.

I give these to show, that I, like everyone else is not perfect. These were all mistakes that I could have handled better.

These are a few of the books where mistakes or errors have been made in the course of selling... I'm sure Nik, flaming telepath, october, buried alien, blue808, lizards2, mcmiles, greggy and a whole host of others who have been satisfied would say that things were fine.

I don't have a problem with divad questioning the grade, simply that he couldn't just say it politely in the thread. In fact, perhaps it is a 7.5 to some people. That's okay. Perhaps I have forgiven something on the grade others haven't. I don't know.

I am editing here to say that Divad and I have PM'd and I will just say this: I wish he hadn't raised it in this matter. I'm not going to go on and try to rip divad, I'm just going to leave this alone.

Brian, I wouldn't worry too much about it were I you. I have bought a couple raw books from you and been tickled pink. I think that the buyer of the book may have had something to do with this activity, likely less than the seller.

PS: I thought my family wrote the book on passive-aggressive behavior, but this is high level stuff here.

The funny thing is, I have had no issues with divad, but apparently he harbors some sort of problem with me. Perhaps it's because so many of my books sell while his languish. I really don't know.

For public record, if people have had problems with my grading I haven't heard about it much.

Ernester had an issue once but it had more to do with shipping. We left it at agree to disagree and nothing more. I have no bad feelings about that. In retrospect, I bear the blame for that transaction and how I handled it.

Divad and I went at it once, but I thought our resolution was amicable.

LordRahl bought a book once and CGC hammered it. This was a grading error I made.

I give these to show, that I, like everyone else is not perfect. These were all mistakes that I could have handled better.

These are a few of the books where mistakes or errors have been made in the course of selling... I'm sure Nik, flaming telepath, october, buried alien, blue808, lizards2, mcmiles, greggy and a whole host of others who have been satisfied would say that things were fine.

I don't have a problem with divad questioning the grade, simply that he couldn't just say it politely in the thread. In fact, perhaps it is a 7.5 to some people. That's okay. Perhaps I have forgiven something on the grade others haven't. I don't know.

I am editing here to say that Divad and I have PM'd and I will just say this: I wish he hadn't raised it in this matter. I'm not going to go on and try to rip divad, I'm just going to leave this alone.

For the record I voted 7.5.

Might even be a 7.0+.

Nobody gets it right all the time.

If you think it's (slightly or greatly) overgraded don't :takeit: .

(shrug)

The one book I bought from Foolkiller, a $200 ASM 9 he graded at 6.0 was dead on in my opinion.

57475-ASM9.jpg.34bdaffcfa0058114be5c2c41717b0b4.jpg

I'd like to state for the record, that I've met Brian, and I think I could take him.

Especially if he wears those damned flip-flops. One foot stomp, and it's all she wrote

I'd like to state for the record, that I've met Brian, and I think I could take him.

Especially if he wears those damned flip-flops. One foot stomp, and it's all she wrote

I don't know about that. That tiger skin bathrobe he wears was once a real tiger. :eek: