• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bone #1 9.8, $3200+

23 posts in this topic

The winner is the same guy who bought rolo40's 9.6 Qualified for $1200 BIN (originally october's copy) so he really likes the #1. Hopefully, this auction will bring out some more HG submissions to CGC. There's only been 54 graded so far which is about a fourth of the TMNT #1 submissions (both had print runs of 3000 I believe, and TMNT came out 7 years earlier).

Not sure there will be that many HG copies of this coming out of the woodwork. Remember, TMNT became a very hot book very quickly and 1st issue owners immediately knew they had something valuable. Bone has been simmering for years and my guess is a lot of the copies of the first issue have not been that well preserved and perhaps even (GASP!) read a few times.

I've been looking for HG copies of this thing for years and I've probably seen over two hundred of them at LCSs and cons. They were selling for over $100 a piece within a year of its release if I'm remembering correctly so perhaps a few were tucked away. You're right though, most of them are in "read" condition.

Looking at the pic in the CGC gallery of the one that just sold, I've never seen anything close to its condition.

My 9.6 was close to that 9.8 and looked the same from the front. Some tiny NCB bends on the back cover brought it down. Good chance it could be pressed into a 9.8.

hm maybe he'll put it up for sale now that he as the 9.8...

My 9.6 was close to that 9.8 and looked the same from the front. Some tiny NCB bends on the back cover brought it down. Good chance it could be pressed into a 9.8.

hm maybe he'll press it and put it up for sale now that he as the 9.8...

Fixed it for ya (thumbs u

A Bone 1 9.0 just sold for $425 on ebay. Looks like prices are spiking across the board.

That was probably a bargain.. must have been a Buy It Now?

(Probably would have gone higher as a full auction.)

A Bone 1 9.0 just sold for $425 on ebay. Looks like prices are spiking across the board.

If it's the auction I had on watch then no. This was an honest to goodness auction.

If it's the auction I had on watch then no. This was an honest to goodness auction.

No, it was this one which had the BIN at $425.

12-month GPA average is $368.80 and was going down, so somebody must have really wanted this book.

It was 1st-and-keys' copy. I disagree with this comic "going down". The last sales in November and December were low because the seller flooded the market with multiple 9.0s and 9.2s within weeks of each other. I don't think anyone will see those prices again.

I think this copy could have scored a $475 or possibly $500 with a BIN. An 8.0 went for $260 on 01/23 (flying-donut's copy) and a 7.0 went for $200 on 04/05.

I was originally going to put the bin at 450 but thought it might be too high. Was really just looking to make my money back being that I had another copy. I was surprised that the bin was hit that quick.

You know, i just had a similiar experience when I put up my 7.0 TMNT #1 in a lot this past week. I wake up the next day and the BIN had been pulled. Makes you kinda wish you would have put it for more, but like youself, I was really just looking to get my money back as I had just upgraded...