• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: I Am No Longer In The Ranks Of The Unemployed!

55 posts in this topic

Right on Thomas. I knew it was going to happen...just a matter of when!

Hope your new life in Cali is everything you wanted!

R.

Not to break with the thread, but what's it like to be unemployed? I've never been without a job and it would freak me out. I've company hopped .but I was always offered another job before I left my place of work. I have never been let go or fired.

I know in Thomas's case he retired from the military.

I'm in the same boat as Thomas. In my case I wasn't officially unemployed. I'm on what is classified as terminal leave (20 days of house hunting and any leave you've built up over the years). Essentially I'm still getting paid as if I was still in the military. My paid time off works out to 80 days (20 house hunting/60 leave). If you go back to work before this ternimal time ends, like me, you "double dip" and get paid by both... :headbang:

Jim

Thanks everyone :blush:

My last official day of Terminal Leave was today. I am officially retired tomorrow.

My last Army paycheck was today, so my retirement check and my new job check should post around the same time on the 1st of June

My last Army paycheck was today, so my retirement check and my new job check should post around the same time on the 1st of June

A little extra cash for comics? :grin:

Jim

I work right next to a VA hospital...

Every time I pass the outside waiting area on my way to other surrounding Duke bldgs

I tell the vets "thank you for serving my country".

Even though I am a vet too, I like to make sure they know that there are still people that

that are proud of them for what they did to keep our country free.

(thumbs u