• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anti-Venom

17 posts in this topic

where is this from??

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20196484,00.html

There comes a time when even a storied supervillain needs a do-over, and that moment has arrived for Spider-Man arch-nemesis Venom. Well, sorta. The extraterrestrial symbiote — which most famously glommed onto embittered Spider-friend Eddie Brock — is classically depicted as a onyx-colored, cuspated shape-shifter. But Marvel decided the dude needed to lighten up, so they created an additional symbiote as a visual foil to their old standby: Here's your first glimpse at the new, angelically hued...Anti-Venom.

What the heck's an Anti-Venom? We'll find out when The Amazing Spider-Man No. 568 — the first of a pivotal six-issue arc called ''New Ways to Die,'' written by Dan Slott (Avengers: The Initiative) and illustrated by John Romita Jr. (Daredevil: The Man Without Fear) — hits stores in August.

NEXT PAGE: An early peek at The Amazing Spider-Man's summer storyline

So to make up for the Brand New Day fiasco they've decided to introduce a new villian every month?

Let's see we have -Jackpot,Mr Neg,Freak,Menace(knock off green goblin) and now another Venom?

By the way, I thought his name was Carnage?

I love Venom, but this is a bit lame.

Honestly, the symbiote thing needs to end for a bit.

Soon we'll be hearing Bendis saying: "I've been setting this up for some time (i.e. I killed Carnage and a baby splotch fell to earth. When the Symbiote Wars occurred, the splotch intermixed with some Skrull blood. Hence, Anti-Venom).

Pat

where is this from??

can't tell all romita jr stuff looks alike. That looks like the sentry in the background, no wait it's steve roge, no wait it's the eterna, nope it hank py, wait clint bar, nope it has to be scott lan

:sorry:

where is this from??

can't tell all romita jr stuff looks alike. That looks like the sentry in the background, no wait it's steve roge, no wait it's the eterna, nope it hank py, wait clint bar, nope it has to be scott lan

:sorry:

ian.jpg

:headbang: