• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HUGE RAW Marvel sale 764 books

15 posts in this topic

Lets go darthdiesel You been out bid by davidking. These are some nice books don't let him steal them from you. makepoint.gif

For those of you not sure about buying from me yet, I have received Kudos From

Aces. and have 100% feedback rating. Also actually had over 6000 feedbacks until ebay closed my account a year ago because I sold some playstation game & DVD movie (backups) guess I wasn't suppose to do that. Opps. 893naughty-thumb.gifforeheadslap.gif

Good luck all

thumbsup2.gif

I shooting for the 3 30 cent variants in there... the rest are going straight into a $1 bin at your local Tysons Corner convention 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

Yea I figured since my FF #52 wont get me a 9.8 I might as well give it away. I was gonna offer a Hulk 181 cgc 10 free to the winner but I put it in the bottom of my bird cage devil.gif27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

Are any issues graded by CGC?

No. The actual owner was going to include some but they didn't make it back yet.

I've been following this auction with some interest. Here are some comments.

First, red lettering on a bright blue background is incredibly hard to read. (And unbelievably annoying.)

(Presentation is everything.) I wonder how often the formatting of the auction listing is responsible for a reduced final price.

The key is to make your comics so attractive in terms of potential and value that they overcome the buyer tendency to pay as little as possible. There's worth in terms of inflated guide value (especially from Comicspriceguide), but there's also "perceived" value. (Think of how realtors "stage" their homes for sale for higher realized values or even pedigreed comics. Pedigrees used to command a higher valuation in general which is slipping due to CGC slabbing. They were perceived as being higher quality than a comparable comic. This is probably where the QP and PQ ratings come in. The lustre of the colors on some Mile Highs are probably unmatched although they may have the same numerical grade.)

What's also a little odd is that even the later comics on your list are not in great condition. (Perhaps a bad scanning choice of the comics.)

Every bid up to the last 15 minutes is probably irrelevant anyway unless you get some monster bidder. (Even then, that person would probably be better served with a monster snipe than an advertised "Beat me if you can" auction bid.) We're working at two cross purposes here.. you want the highest price. The bidders want the lowest successful auction bid.

I think everyone realizes that your reserve is probably at least $1 per comic so all the bids up to now have been pretty meaningless (even mine.) Just auction tagging.

Good luck.

Are any issues graded by CGC?

No. The actual owner was going to include some but they didn't make it back yet.

I've been following this auction with some interest. Here are some comments.

First, red lettering on a bright blue background is incredibly hard to read. (And unbelievably annoying.)

(Presentation is everything.) I wonder how often the formatting of the auction listing is responsible for a reduced final price.

The key is to make your comics so attractive in terms of potential and value that they overcome the buyer tendency to pay as little as possible. There's worth in terms of inflated guide value (especially from Comicspriceguide), but there's also "perceived" value. (Think of how realtors "stage" their homes for sale for higher realized values or even pedigreed comics. Pedigrees used to command a higher valuation in general which is slipping due to CGC slabbing. They were perceived as being higher quality than a comparable comic. This is probably where the QP and PQ ratings come in. The lustre of the colors on some Mile Highs are probably unmatched although they may have the same numerical grade.)

What's also a little odd is that even the later comics on your list are not in great condition. (Perhaps a bad scanning choice of the comics.)

Every bid up to the last 15 minutes is probably irrelevant anyway unless you get some monster bidder. (Even then, that person would probably be better served with a monster snipe than an advertised "Beat me if you can" auction bid.) We're working at two cross purposes here.. you want the highest price. The bidders want the lowest successful auction bid.

I think everyone realizes that your reserve is probably at least $1 per comic so all the bids up to now have been pretty meaningless (even mine.) Just auction tagging.

Good luck.

Thank you very much for the input.

On the color choices, I could not agree more. I build web sites for a living along with 3D animations and business logos. But these books belong to a paying client and they picked the colors even when I tried to talk them out of it. I get paid if it hits the reserve or not, of course I get paid mucho better if it does hit.

Also like I tell any of my clients I sell for, "The first 6 days and 23 hours ( 7 day auction) don't mean anything. All the good bids come in the last minutes if not seconds"

On the scans, I'll scan any book for anyone. Yes I probably should of put some of the N/M books up but I tried to put as many KEY issues up as possible.

Let me ask you this, on listing an auction this big is it worth my time to put an individual grade on each book? Or is the way I listed it ok?

I have some auctions I will be listing in the near future of some cgc books, I hope you take the time to look at something I list for myself and not for others. My color choices are much better. thumbsup2.gif

Thanks again for the input and keep the feedback comming. hi.gif