• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Friggen Losers

33 posts in this topic

Nothing worse then searching for CGC SA age books on Ebay only to be bombarded with hundres of BA/MA listings from SNE and another loser key-issues with his BS CGC ready krap :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Apparently, we even have some board members who engage in this. Unless he was joking.

I think it IS possible

go to ADVANCED SEARCH at the top of most ebay pages

About FOUR choices down (in bold) it says FROM SELLERS

There, you can choose to either (drop down box) INCLUDE or EXCLUDE specific sellers.

this works for me- i've got showcaseNE on my list, along w/ every loser that lists books w/ "cgc it" or "cgc ready"

I use CGC Worthy :gossip:

Did Greenhalgh ever address this during his brief Q&A session here?

Nothing worse then searching for CGC SA age books on Ebay only to be bombarded with hundres of BA/MA listings from SNE and another loser key-issues with his BS CGC ready krap :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

I agree.

in' :censored:

Absolute in' :censored: :censored:

Mother :censored: sons of :censored: :censored:

*This post was brought to you by too much Spanish sun and Corona*

I don't get why they would list many of the same issues one right after the other. That has to have an effect on the demand during the short time span that they are listed, thus resulting in lower ending prices. Even for SNE. (shrug)

RE; Frigginlosers

"Nothing worse then searching for CGC SA age books on Ebay only to be bombarded with hundres of BA/MA listings from SNE and another loser key-issues with his BS CGC ready krap"

I understand your pain.

Unfortunately, my staff which does all the auction listings do not generally know what silver/bronze/gold is.

Further, with so many auctions going up, separting them into the proper Ebay categories would require such a major effort, in my opinion, that puting anything up at all might be the end result (I hear some of the cheers out there).

The point is....I would probably find it annoying too if I were searching just one category of books.

The thing that I would point out, however, is that many, if not most people purchasing on Ebay do not search by category. Rather, they search by title.

Consequently, the way we list our auctions does not affect our results.

I don't think most people really care where an item is listed (I recognize that there are some, including you, who do)...the only motivating factor is price. You could almost make the argument that an item that is miscategorized should go for less since is is not in the correct Ebay section (less people viewing equals lower price).

RE; MCMILES,

"I don't get why they would list many of the same issues one right after the other. That has to have an effect on the demand during the short time span that they are listed, thus resulting in lower ending prices. Even for SNE."

As far as listing multiples of the same items....I generally don't really care what any of this stuff sells for. I let the community set the price....that is why all of our auctions are no reserve.....even for books like AF 15, Batman 1, Superman 1..or whatever.

My philosophy is that the prices all work out in the wash....some go higher....some go lower.....but the net results are as if everything went for a reasonable price.

RE; Frigginlosers

The thing that I would point out, however, is that many, if not most people purchasing on Ebay do not search by category. Rather, they search by title.

WRONG.

Correct. It doesn't affect YOUR SALES, so you don't give a flying *spoon*.

I don't think most people really care where an item is listed

WRONG. The majority of collectors searching for books on ebay DO care because they search within a category, except for perhaps YOUR customer base. The bottom line is that they bring you and ebay a healthy income, so you don't give a *spoon* about anything or anyone else.

And pawning this off on your "staff" is as weak an excuse as can be.

I agree.

in' :censored:

Absolute in' :censored: :censored:

Mother :censored: sons of :censored: :censored:

*This post was brought to you by too much Spanish sun and Corona*

Aren't you supposed to be on :censored: holidays?! What the heck are you doing looking at the boards. :screwy:

RE; Frigginlosers

"Nothing worse then searching for CGC SA age books on Ebay only to be bombarded with hundres of BA/MA listings from SNE and another loser key-issues with his BS CGC ready krap"

I understand your pain.

Unfortunately, my staff which does all the auction listings do not generally know what silver/bronze/gold is.

Further, with so many auctions going up, separting them into the proper Ebay categories would require such a major effort, in my opinion, that puting anything up at all might be the end result (I hear some of the cheers out there).

The point is....I would probably find it annoying too if I were searching just one category of books.

I don't think most people really care where an item is listed (I recognize that there are some, including you, who do)...the only motivating factor is price. You could almost make the argument that an item that is miscategorized should go for less since is is not in the correct Ebay section (less people viewing equals lower price).

RE; MCMILES,

"I don't get why they would list many of the same issues one right after the other. That has to have an effect on the demand during the short time span that they are listed, thus resulting in lower ending prices. Even for SNE."

As far as listing multiples of the same items....I generally don't really care what any of this stuff sells for. I let the community set the price....that is why all of our auctions are no reserve.....even for books like AF 15, Batman 1, Superman 1..or whatever.

My philosophy is that the prices all work out in the wash....some go higher....some go lower.....but the net results are as if everything went for a reasonable price.

Hi! :hi: I search by catagory and I find it a major annoyance. Maybe you could just tell the help, that anything that is 1984 or higher put it in the moderns. Anything 71 to 1983 put in the bronze and anything 1960 to 1971 put in the silver. How hard is that?

Right now you could have a CGC FF #1 in 9+ and I wouldn't see it because I totally ignore your auctions. As do many others. If they were put into the correct catagories I may not win, but my bidding and others might drive up the winning bid.

you could take the time and turn them in for

keyword spamming

CAL who has some weapons

RE; Frigginlosers

I understand your pain.

RE; MCMILES,

Uh, yeah, no offense - I find it admirable that you would come on here and attempt to rationalise your listing behaviour - but this is a giant, steaming pile.

Firstly, just get a sharpie and write in big block letters on a sheet of 11" x 17" paper "10c cover prices are Gold, 12c and 15c are Silver, 20c, 25c, 30, and 35c are Bronze, anything higher is Modern" and your "I blame my idi0tic employees" answer is rendered moot.

With respect to all the other rationalisations; the point is that your potential customers have to wade past hundreds of your listings in the incorrect category to get what they are looking for. Period. That's bloody annoying. Pawning off the careless and lazy listing behaviour of your company on a FEELING about where people search is pretty ridiculous.

Here's some advice; next time you have a thread wherein potential customers decry something your company is doing, your answer should simply be "Thank you for the criticism, we will work harder at listing items correctly in the future." That's it. Don't attempt to try and find every excuse under the sun why you're buggering up people's searches, because quite frankly, no one cares why it happens, just that it happens