• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Friggen Losers

33 posts in this topic

Ebay does not care unless it affects their cut.

If ebay is getting the same % of the sale they are less likely to police each item to insure that it's in its proper category. Unless of course it's a subjective item such as alcohol, firearms, Adult content etc.

Now if you list a trailer (NO MOTOR) for sale in Ebay Motors under the parts category you can bet your they will police that auction. WHY? Well because they want to charge the seller a $40 for listing the trailer and a set $50 Final Value fee. (Yup $90). :censored:

This happened to me recently and I was selling a small atv trailer for $500 lol. They canceled the auction because when I list it under the parts category it cost me $3.50.

So when you look for way to avoid cutting ebay out of some cash they will by all means cancel your auction because it MISCATEGORIZED. Otherwise I'd say 99% of the complaints fall on deaf ears.

I sold the trailer on craiglist for more money and NO FEES. Thanks Ebay. (thumbs u

Ok rant over. :)

Agreed... lame excuse. I only recently found out you can exclude sellers on ebay from your searches. My life is a much better place for not having to deal with Showcase's misplaced auctions as well as a bunch of other tools on ebay. :cloud9:

My Auctions are always in the GA or SA sections and go something like this:

~~~LQQK!!! XMEN SPIDER-MAN 1 IRON MAN ~~ CGC IT? ~~ Avengers 318

What no hulk 181 as well ?:D

You also left out captain america! Thats hot to throw in anything since his "death"

Friggin' Losers!!!!!!

OFF150a.jpg

:o

Childhood flashback... holy cr@p. I haven't though about that cover in 30 years. My brother and I had that book and always talked about "what would you do".

My Auctions are always in the GA or SA sections and go something like this:

~~~LQQK!!! XMEN SPIDER-MAN 1 IRON MAN ~~ CGC IT? ~~ Avengers 318

What no hulk 181 as well ?:D

You also left out captain america! Thats hot to throw in anything since his "death"

Why not go all out and put NM on there, too?! :devil:

I've seen that book at my lcs I think a lot of those old army books have some great covers I'm always tempted to pick some up & the dcs unknownS always look interesting :D hmm I just noticed the artists name for that cover no wonder why I remember it

I've seen that book at my lcs I think a lot of those old army books have some great covers I'm always tempted to pick some up & the dcs unknownS always look interesting :D hmm I just noticed the artists name for that cover no wonder why I remember it

If you want to see some amazing War covers, check out the War threads in the Silver and Bronze Age sections of the boards.

Larry who likes to plug the war books :grin:

I search for titles WITHIN a catagory if that helps any.

If someone lists a book I'm looking for in the wrong catagory, oh well. (shrug)

Yep.

Unless I'm looking for just one book which is rare.

:sumo:

RE; Frigginlosers

"Nothing worse then searching for CGC SA age books on Ebay only to be bombarded with hundres of BA/MA listings from SNE and another loser key-issues with his BS CGC ready krap"

I understand your pain.

Unfortunately, my staff which does all the auction listings do not generally know what silver/bronze/gold is. :o

Further, with so many auctions going up, separting them into the proper Ebay categories would require such a major effort, in my opinion, that puting anything up at all might be the end result (I hear some of the cheers out there). :acclaim:

The point is....I would probably find it annoying too if I were searching just one category of books. :insane:

The thing that I would point out, however, is that many, if not most people purchasing on Ebay do not search by category. Rather, they search by title.

Consequently, the way we list our auctions does not affect our results. :frustrated:

I don't think most people really care where an item is listed (I recognize that there are some, including you, who do)...the only motivating factor is price. You could almost make the argument that an item that is miscategorized should go for less since is is not in the correct Ebay section (less people viewing equals lower price). (tsk)

RE; MCMILES,

"I don't get why they would list many of the same issues one right after the other. That has to have an effect on the demand during the short time span that they are listed, thus resulting in lower ending prices. Even for SNE."

As far as listing multiples of the same items....I generally don't really care what any of this stuff sells for. I let the community set the price....that is why all of our auctions are no reserve.....even for books like AF 15, Batman 1, Superman 1..or whatever.

My philosophy is that the prices all work out in the wash....some go higher....some go lower.....but the net results are as if everything went for a reasonable price.

:sumo: :sumo: :sumo: :sumo: :sumo: :sumo: :sumo: :sumo: :sumo: :sumo:

Dan,

Has eBay stopped allowing listings in the higher level categories now? If not, I would think you could list in Collectibles/Comics and not go down so deep in the category tree where stuff is misclassified.

I have this inkling that they began making you list in the deeper categories, though... hm

I'm not really sure.

We used to sell solely in the Silver and Gold categories.....over the last year or so we have branched into modern books.

Call me slow if you want.....we're still trying to get it all figured out (at the pace I think....it could take a decade!).

Maybe it makes sense just to list under the general category of comics as you suggested.....

I think there are pros and cons no matter how books are listed. Frankly, I've never given it any thought until I saw these posts.