• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

forum lingo? For some of us that want to know but are just to proud to ask!

77 posts in this topic

Hey Greggy -

Not to get off topic but how the hell do you have 14,231 posts in 491 days? That is almost a post every 48 minutes continuously between when you joined until now.

Tomega

sumo.gif

As an add-on to my previous reply, I've got some serious work to get done over the next month, so I'll give you guys a break for 2 weeks.

OUTSTANDING news!

That WAS until certain people started making open threats, calling me a coward and begging to meet me face-to-face.

I'm here and I'll be in TO real soon.

Wow. How did I miss this thread? I almost feel sorry for JC. Then again he can be such a buttwipe at times. Some people just naturally have an abrasive personality. I honestly don't hate the guy and find some of his statements about comics informative. I find it funny that 2 guys who have never met before are talking about meeting each other at a comic convention to fight. About the stupidest thing I ever heard of. It would be a shame to see people go to jail to be butt buddies with Bubba because of an argument that started in a comic forum. Try keeping a toughguy rep in prison as the crazy comic reading fanboy without becoming someone's b$[!@#%^&^]. Makes for an interesting thread though.

popcorn.gif

wow..... this is like an episode of "when good comic fans go bad" airing on fox

Looks like there was a lot of testosterone flowing here yesterday. I always miss the good verbal jousts. I think cooler heads will prevail and nothing will happen. Otherwise, (as Bill O'Reilly says) it might be ridiculous.

Where did the rest of this thread go? Let me guess, looks like the thought police strike again. Half this thread seemed to be pulled because of the conversations between two members and my rather innoculous posts got pulled right along with it. I did not threaten anyone, I did not offend anyone ( at least in this post) , I did not take sides and I did not use offensive language. I know you moderators have a tough job sometimes but you guys really also really suck sometimes.

-Tomega

• Administrator

Here's how it works.

Find the post that starts the flame war.

Edit it and choose "move this post and any replies".

Wham. The whole tree is yanked.

You cannot remove a post from a thread without moving its replies. Thus, if you got caught up in the chain, you got caught up in the chain.

Doooooh! Arch's reply was not there when I started my post...

Tom, I doubt your posts were pulled for any other reason than they were in-between the offending posts. It happened to me once in a "hammer related battle". When I PM'd Arch to see if he felt I said anything improper... I believe he said something to the effect that some posts in-between get lost, especially if they comment on the offending posts.

It is not an easy job and I think our moderators do a pretty good job overall... they certainly tend to let more go, than resort to censorship/deletion. Don't take it to heart, I bet that's the reason.