• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What did the last coverless Pep 22 go for?

68 posts in this topic

Bad vibe on this one. You know a couple people will end up bidding these high based on the assumption of best case scenario re: the books/covers. What they receive will probably disappoint.

But it's certainly worth throwing in a few sane bids.

Bad vibe on this one. You know a couple people will end up bidding these high based on the assumption of best case scenario re: the books/covers. What they receive will probably disappoint.

(thumbs u

(thumbs u

One has to wonder what this one will go for. I know how high I'm willing to go. Does anyone remember what that last coverless went for? Ah, a little research led me to the 1500.00 figure on the last coverless that was on ebay that one of our board members won. I guess all's fair in love and war on this one. But it is amazing the extremes that some people will go to to win a book like even this one. What would a book like this be worth, with a manufactured cover? Are the pickings really that slim on this book? And why does the seller not relist the book with Pep 22 in the auction heading? Maybe he figures those who want that specific book will already know about it. Oh well, this is what our rebate checks are for.

I think $1200-$1500 is a reasonable price for this book. I'd pay $1200 for it and I already have a copy 2c

You may just win it then, for 1201.00. I'm also interested in the Archie 1 cover he has. Too bad it has the missing piece. It's a sad day when my only shot at a Pep 22 is a coverless.

What other coverless books, would sell for 1500? Let's exclude Action 1, Tec 27, Superman 1. Batman 1, and MM1.

Well the Archie 1 cover auction just ended.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1942-43-ARCHIE-COMICS-3-Covers-1-Text-Pgs-No-1-6-9_W0QQitemZ320246657171QQihZ011QQcategoryZ3972QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Now we will wait to see who wins the Pep 22 coverless. A board member earlier in this thread predicted he will win it. Let's just wait and see.

Congratulations! What are your plans for the covers? And by the way....I think you got a great deal!

I plan on merging it with the Pep 22 so I can have his first appearance and first dedicated title. :jokealert:

Actually, it joins the other cartoon character keys that I collect. Now to find a coverless. Seems like coverless Pep 22's are falling off trees.