• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EERIE #1 (Warren) - what is fair market value?

11 posts in this topic

HIya, folks:

I've got an Eerie #1 (Warren ashcan) in VF+ condition. It is a 1st print, and is Russ Heaths' personal copy. Russ was kind enough to provide me with a letter of provenance stating that it was his copy, given to him by Jim Warren. Russ also signed and dated the letter, and illustrated a nice little Sgt Rock head sketch on the letter.

This is the second time I've owned a 1st printing. My previous copy had provenance from Bob Overstreet & Sotheby's, but I sold it several years ago.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

HIya, Keith:

Unfortunately, I don't think that's the situation. I sold my previous copy approximately 5 years ago and then got out of comics to focus on collecting original art. So, I am unfamiliar with today's current magazine marketplace and hence, corresponding prices.

Well...I think what Keith was getting at is...That book rarely pops up for sale, let alone in HG. So...The last one that you sold...Is probably a pretty good representation of it's value plus a bit.

The funny thing is we are probably more in the dark about it's value than ya :insane:

What did you get for it 5 years ago?

-bounty

HIya, folks:

I've got an Eerie #1 (Warren ashcan) in VF+ condition. It is a 1st print, and is Russ Heaths' personal copy. Russ was kind enough to provide me with a letter of provenance stating that it was his copy, given to him by Jim Warren. Russ also signed and dated the letter, and illustrated a nice little Sgt Rock head sketch on the letter.

This is the second time I've owned a 1st printing. My previous copy had provenance from Bob Overstreet & Sotheby's, but I sold it several years ago.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Scans?

Scans?

Nope. I won't be posting any scans of the mag or Russ' letter...wayyyyy too easy to lift and way too many unscrupulous people out there.

Watermark it... :gossip:

Well...I think what Keith was getting at is...That book rarely pops up for sale, let alone in HG. So...The last one that you sold...Is probably a pretty good representation of it's value plus a bit.

The funny thing is we are probably more in the dark about it's value than ya :insane:

Precisely, ol' chum. :hi: