• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dallas

18 posts in this topic

Yeah , I would go anyway , even if it's just Sci - fi , ...and maybe buy StrongGuy a steak . ...........But he might make me strap it to my side and spar w/ me instead !....... :eek:..... :grin:....BH

SG, is it a good show. I'm not talking like San Diego or Chicago size.

Pat

Wizard World Texas is not near the size of SD or Chicago. The turnout is not bad and the dealers are pretty good (as long as Mr. Bedrock stays away :baiting: ). But being at the end of the year and so close to Thanksgiving/Christmas it's just not top-tier.

Yeah , I would go anyway , even if it's just Sci - fi , ...and maybe buy StrongGuy a steak . ...........But he might make me strap it to my side and spar w/ me instead !....... :eek:..... :grin:....BH

Damn right! I'm the Hannibal Lecter of the martial arts world.

SG, is it a good show. I'm not talking like San Diego or Chicago size.

Pat

Wizard World Texas is not near the size of SD or Chicago. The turnout is not bad and the dealers are pretty good (as long as Mr. Bedrock stays away :baiting: ). But being at the end of the year and so close to Thanksgiving/Christmas it's just not top-tier.

Unfortunately, I will be staying away this year.

I am on the committee for the Museum of Printing History here in Houston.

The annual fund raiser/Book Fair is that same weekend. :(

(BTW, I am installing an exhibit there on the history of comics.

It will run from May 14th through August 18th.

If anyone is in Houston during the summer, please check it out.)

If I were driving I would go to Planet in KC but they are about the same. Different types of guests... Wizard is pretty much the same guest all the time. Planet usually has different people you don't see year in and year out.

It depends on who shows up. There is usually a good selection of CGC books and some nice high-grade raw books, lots of mid grade stuff. About half of the dealers will have $1 books and 1/2 trades along with a bunch of moderns. Buying wise it's not too bad but not as good as some of the east coast shows.

SG, are you referring to both KC & Dallas?

I'm pretty sure I'll try Dallas this year. See how it goes. Trust me, if you've been to a Denver Con, you'll think Dallas is the Mecca of conventions. Imagine a closet with a comic box that's ready for recycle.

Pat

OMG when I read this I damn near soiled myself from laughing! lol

Aren't inside jokes great sometimes!? lol

I'm pretty sure I'll try Dallas this year. See how it goes. Trust me, if you've been to a Denver Con, you'll think Dallas is the Mecca of conventions. Imagine a closet with a comic box that's ready for recycle.

Pat

I'm talking about Dallas.

WW is not bad, don't get me wrong, especially if you're in the middle of a comic con void.

Pat

I'm talking about Dallas.

WW is not bad, don't get me wrong, especially if you're in the middle of a comic con void.

Hi ya StrongGuy ... :hi:............................... :makepoint:.... :makepoint:... :makepoint:...Bh

Hi ya StrongGuy ... :hi:............................... :makepoint:.... :makepoint:... :makepoint:...Bh

Uh.................... hi bh.......................

(Oddly enough, for those of you who have never met him, BH talks just like that. Very long pauses followed by some weird hand gestures.)

I didn't fight tonight so I'm starving right now. I need to go out to a bar and find someone to fight with. Drunks taste just like chicken.

Uh.................... hi bh.......................

(Oddly enough, for those of you who have never met him, BH talks just like that. Very long pauses followed by some weird hand gestures.)

I didn't fight tonight so I'm starving right now. I need to go out to a bar and find someone to fight with. Drunks taste just like chicken.

Uh , I'll make sure I don't frequent any bars this eveneng .... mehmeh ............BH