• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone still awake?

5,958 posts in this topic

Hey, I made my first sale last week,waived the shipping,drove down to WW TX hand delivered the comic,was promised a pass to get in (did not get it ) so mad about the transaction that I could not focus on buying comics,did not attend the dinner ,but gave + feedback and received nothing from the buyer.I'm almost to the point that I want to sell it all and never look at another comic again. By the way Torch I did see an FF1 but the seller would not budge on price and it was not worth the cash.

grinder, are you affected by the fires? Isn't all the smoke heading in your direction? I'm right near the Diamond Bar fires and they closed the 57 freeway which is the main frwy connecting LA/OC and the IE....pain in the arse. My car is covered with ash.

Brian

Hey, I made my first sale last week,waived the shipping,drove down to WW TX hand delivered the comic,was promised a pass to get in (did not get it ) so mad about the transaction that I could not focus on buying comics,did not attend the dinner ,but gave + feedback and received nothing from the buyer.I'm almost to the point that I want to sell it all and never look at another comic again. By the way Torch I did see an FF1 but the seller would not budge on price and it was not worth the cash.

Sounds like you are in a bad place buddy. Bet yer feet really stunk after all that driving and walking around the show. Its too bad that the experience ruined the show for you. Did the guy have a reason for not providing the pass? Did he in any way compensate you?

Don't get crazy and quit the hobby over one bad transaction. Look at all the great guys you've met through the hobby and these boards. Where would you be without us? :tonofbricks:

Thanks for keeping your eyes open for my FF1 copy. I did spot one on the board and messaged the guy. No reply, sigh.

Sounds like you are in a bad place buddy. Bet yer feet really stunk after all that driving and walking around the show. Its too bad that the experience ruined the show for you. Did the guy have a reason for not providing the pass? Did he in any way compensate you?

Don't get crazy and quit the hobby over one bad transaction. Look at all the great guys you've met through the hobby and these boards. Where would you be without us? :tonofbricks:

Thanks for keeping your eyes open for my FF1 copy. I did spot one on the board and messaged the guy. No reply, sigh.

Gave me his cell and booth #.called an hour before I showed up and no reply. Found his booth and told him I had his comic and brought others he looked at me and at his phone and said sorry how much do I owe you . What a !

Gave me his cell and booth #.called an hour before I showed up and no reply. Found his booth and told him I had his comic and brought others he looked at me and at his phone and said sorry how much do I owe you . What a !
And Torch your right Ishould not quit over one stupid transaction.You have been a great friend on the boards,Thanks for all of your help!(insert kudo here!) (thumbs u

And Torch your right Ishould not quit over one stupid transaction.You have been a great friend on the boards,Thanks for all of your help!(insert kudo here!) (thumbs u

Don`t quit over 1 loser. For every one turd there is a hundred good people who collect comics.

grinder, are you affected by the fires? Isn't all the smoke heading in your direction? I'm right near the Diamond Bar fires and they closed the 57 freeway which is the main frwy connecting LA/OC and the IE....pain in the arse. My car is covered with ash.

Brian

not too much, my car is covered as well....I was actually in Anaheim yesterday playing poker...it was like a war zone for several hours