• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My PGX 9.4 Blazing Comics #5 Alternate Cover Story

86 posts in this topic

I would only buy them if I knew the person that submitted it and then only if I thought that person got a harsh grade which was what happened to me when I submitted books to them.

That book in a 9.4 slab should have esquire and others filing a lawsuit for fraud against PGX....it's downright fraud and wrong.

I thought of taking legal action never crossed my mind. I never would have expected to find what I did inside, so I opened it up by myself without a witness. :(

I have a few other PGX books in my collection, but thank God they're 5.5's and 6.0's.

Ze-Man, the tear inside is not sealed and VERY obvious. It's downright ugly.

It's cases like this that take me one step closer to believing collusion is going on with that company. They seem to be giving decent grades for not so decent books, just because it's their buddies. Disappointing.

Andy

It's cases like this that take me one step closer to believing collusion is going on with that company. They seem to be giving decent grades for not so decent books, just because it's their buddies. Disappointing.

Andy

I once gave PGX the benefit of the doubt and had an open mind toward them. Over the years, however, the questionable incidents and relationships have just continued to amass to the point where it's difficult to explain them away with anything other than gross incompetance or worse.

There was rumor going around the NYC show that PGX was on the block and asking $150,000. An interested party contacted Daniel to discuss and Daniel stated that the price was $350,000 - $450,000.

lol

For what? A slabbing machine and a label maker? Because that is the only "value" PGX has to sell. The name is absolutely worthless, and may be more of a liability than asset.

After 2 years I took another shot at a PGX slab, this was slabbed a PGX 9.4

aveng96078.jpg

This time I came a little ahead

aveng96079.jpg

hm Not for nothing but I can almost picture the actual grader at PGX thumbing through the pages and.... riiiip...oops..

Nobody saw it so it never happened :insane:

Very sorry that this happened to Andy...but nevertheless, :signfunny:

Isolated incident. meh

Seriously, I would call Daniel and explain what you have and ask him to refund the money you paid for the book.

CGC would do it without a second thought.

Not that I think they need a chance to clear their name, because their name is nothing, IMO.

But the fact is, you are out money on a worthless book at the word of Daniel.

I call PGX "Daniel" because he's the only person that works there.

Anyway...give him a call and see if he's willing to bail you out.

Nik you have a good eye.

There has to be something going on here...more than meets the eye. I can't see Daniel just throwing his whole life into a grading company and then flushing it away. I wonder if Leder or anyone else has access to machinery and is slabbing their own books? As usual it seems that most of these "funny" books come through one source.

Maybe Daniel never saw this book...just a thought.

R.

Nik you have a good eye.

There has to be something going on here...more than meets the eye. I can't see Daniel just throwing his whole life into a grading company and then flushing it away. I wonder if Leder or anyone else has access to machinery and is slabbing their own books? As usual it seems that most of these "funny" books come through one source.

R.

That would take their credibility from zero into the negative zone. :eek:

Nik you have a good eye.

R.

They are already there. I trust random raw books more than I trust PGX.

I wonder if Leder or anyone else has access to machinery and is slabbing their own books?

I'd say it's only a matter of time (if not already) before slabbing technology comes within reach of the average user. I wonder if CGC has a contingency plan for this? I believe holographic printing is reasonably secure, but for how long?

Nik you have a good eye.

R.

They are already there. I trust random raw books more than I trust PGX.

No doubt. I certainly trust myself for both grading and resto check more than I do PGX. (thumbs u

Nik you have a good eye.

R.

Well you get industrial espionage and corruption in every field and anyone with even half a criminal mind and access to a slabbing machine and printer can make tons of cash. If it was done without Daniel's knowledge that would at least absolve him. Count me in the minority I suppose, but for some reason I still think Dan's intentions are sincere and that he is trying to do a good job. It may be others taking advantage of him that are making him look bad. I am willing to be proven wrong but that's what I see right now. I've spoken to Daniel many times.I used to buy a lot of PGX/CGG books early on and my gut told me that he was a sincere guy.

Again, just my 2c

R.

Nik you have a good eye.

R.

Well you get industrial espionage and corruption in every field and anyone with even half a criminal mind and access to a slabbing machine and printer can make tons of cash. If it was done without Daniel's knowledge that would at least absolve him. Count me in the minority I suppose, but for some reason I still think Dan's intentions are sincere and that he is trying to do a good job. It may be others taking advantage of him that are making him look bad. I am willing to be proven wrong but that's what I see right now. I've spoken to Daniel many times.I used to buy a lot of PGX/CGG books early on and my gut told me that he was a sincere guy.

Again, just my 2c

R.

Good luck with that. I'm sure you won't be let down. :roflmao:

Well you get industrial espionage and corruption in every field and anyone with even half a criminal mind and access to a slabbing machine and printer can make tons of cash. If it was done without Daniel's knowledge that would at least absolve him. Count me in the minority I suppose, but for some reason I still think Dan's intentions are sincere and that he is trying to do a good job. It may be others taking advantage of him that are making him look bad...

Roy... I wish I had your sense of optimism. But if anything this hobby has taught me is that, when it comes to skullduggery, there is no limit to how low people will sink. The big bucks brought to the market by the advent of certified comics must be a tremendous temptation to someone with dicey ethics and access to a label machine.

Until there is compelling evidence that Terence Leder, Ryan Elliot and the other evil-doing elves that seemingly have the key to the PGX slabbing machine have somehow brainwashed or replaced Daniel Patternson with a clone, I have to assume Patterson is knowingly in the mix.

It's the simplest explanation and anything else just strains credulity.

Looking at PGX's website they/Daniel did grade an All American Men of War #127 and it did get a 9.4. So it is safe to assume that the book in question was seen by the good folk(s) there. So the theory of someone doing it on there own goes out the window.

My god, they must be so dumb to think that people don't open slabs.

Roy... I wish I had your sense of optimism. But if anything this hobby has taught me is that, when it comes to skullduggery, there is no limit to how low people will sink. The big bucks brought to the market by the advent of certified comics must be a tremendous temptation to someone with dicey ethics and access to a label machine.

Until there is compelling evidence that Terence Leder, Ryan Elliot and the other evil-doing elves that seemingly have the key to the PGX slabbing machine have somehow brainwashed or replaced Daniel Patternson with a clone, I have to assume Patterson is knowingly in the mix.

:gossip: Just wait, it's about to get even better.

:gossip: Just wait, it's about to get even better.

Please don't tease us like IronManiac did! He's been promising the "tell-all" tale for over a year now! :cry::