• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My First Marvel Preview Presents... Info wanted...

9 posts in this topic

While I was at the market today I spent about $30 on books a guy had a magazine sized box there with odd stuff in like conan & some vampire chick... name escapes me at the moment ... he also had some marvels I think the only ones he had were starlord... which caught my interest needless to say...

I forget what the other book numbers he had were but I wound up picking up #4 because I thought it was the best looking cover of the bunch & also the lowest book number! Then Looking at it latter on more closely I noticed it was not a starlord book it self but a MPP & this was starlords premiere issue! bonus! :D

anyways... just looking for some general info on these things I've never brought any of this size before... am I able to get this type cgced?.. Is it worth it?.. Is this really a first appearance or some kind of reprint type book?,,,

anyways here are some pics enjoy! Though I'm sure its nothing most of you have not already seen/have in you're collection already! I love the art in this book & mainly the cover & the picture on the first page anyone know if who ever did these is still alive and kicking?.. I'd love to get a autograph/sketch from them some how ...

starlordfull.jpg

starlord.jpg

starlord1.jpg

cover on the first page...

SLP1.jpg

Surprised me that it was a B&W book I did not think marvel did that at all

SLP3.jpg

SLP4.jpg

SLP2.jpg

Cool magazine, a decent read.

Not a first appearance or worth anything.

But nothing wrong with owning it. (thumbs u

Actually,it is Star Lords first appearence.He went on to be a member of The Guardians of The Galaxy,but was a bit of an enigma.

Marvel had a long history of B@W magazines. I think The Spec. Spiderman was the first,but they did a bunch of mags that wouldn't fit in the code approved comics. Zombies,Vampires and such. They did a Kung Fu one and a bunch of Conan/Red Sonja mags-Savage Tales,Savage Sword.. They even did a B@W magazine on the Ayatollah Khomeni around 1979/80.

The Punishers first origin story is in a Marvel preview,and another magazine-Bizarre Adventures featured Electra and a Pheonix era Jean Grey

As you no doubt read,Mr Morrow took his own life when his health degenerated to the point he could no longer draw.

Actually,it is Star Lords first appearence.He went on to be a member of The Guardians of The Galaxy,but was a bit of an enigma.

Marvel had a long history of B@W magazines. I think The Spec. Spiderman was the first,but they did a bunch of mags that wouldn't fit in the code approved comics. Zombies,Vampires and such. They did a Kung Fu one and a bunch of Conan/Red Sonja mags-Savage Tales,Savage Sword.. They even did a B@W magazine on the Ayatollah Khomeni around 1979/80.

The Punishers first origin story is in a Marvel preview,and another magazine-Bizarre Adventures featured Electra and a Pheonix era Jean Grey

As you no doubt read,Mr Morrow took his own life when his health degenerated to the point he could no longer draw.

:golfclap: thanks for the info :)

Tom Sutton may have been the interior artist. His Starlord origin pages to this specific issue were eBayed about 2 years ago for a modest price.

star-lord = cursed according to wiki he is dead too :S I never even thought of OA ... I bet the prices are way out of my range though too :D

found Sutton dead in his apartment on May 3, 2002; it is unclear whether a medical examiner's determination of time or date of death was reported. News accounts did say he had died of a heart attack at his drawing board, during production of the book Graphic Classics: H.P. Lovecraft, which the publisher posthumously dedicated to him. Eros' Dementia's Dirty Girls #1 (May 2002) included a tribute by Bill Pearson.

Star Lord has been a player in the recent Annhialation books. Saga,War, Conquest. And coincidentally he will be one of the NEW Guradians Of The Galaxy. If the book does well you may have something. Personally, I like the character in recent stories and bought his newest limited series. Starlord V:2 is quite cool, and he lost the crappy outfit for something much more sinister looking.

a guy had a magazine sized box there with odd stuff in like conan & some vampire chick... name escapes me at the moment ...

This is a joke, I take it?

In the meantime, you might want to check out the Magazines section of this board.