• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what comicbooks are actually really worthlesss?

87 posts in this topic

I mean not only moneywise but reading storywise. I have a friend who I have known for 15 years and he has a comic collection of about 1000 comics for me to look at. not one book was worth anything. this was absolutely dreck. I wouldn`t even offer him $5.00 dollars for the lot.usually I would buy comics just to read even though thier not worth anything but these are top of the line junk. He started collecting in the 1990`s. Has there ever been a period as bad for comics as the 1990`s? now I have to break it to him gently that his comic collection won`t be buying him a down payment on that car he wanted.

The 1990's comics are worthless. I had a lady drop off 4 long boxes at my house last weekend...and they were all 1990's comics...X-Men, X-Force, etc. I offered her $75.00 or she could have them back. She took them back thinking they were worth more.

The 1990's comics are worthless. I had a lady drop off 4 long boxes at my house last weekend...and they were all 1990's comics...X-Men, X-Force, etc. I offered her $75.00 or she could have them back. She took them back thinking they were worth more.

his lot didn`t even have X-Men, X-Force,Spidermans, Batman, Supermans or Valiants. nothing even for a good read, just garbage.

I've unloaded or tried to unload several hundred books from the last 20 years both here and on ebay. 90% of the stuff when it sells runs between 50 cents and a dollar a book in lots, but I've found among the hardest stuff to move are most of the Batman related books (shrug) - but they're probably not actually worthless.

One book may be worthless to one person and to an other person might be their favourite book. So I say it depends on the reader of the book that gives it worth!!!

None are worthless...even the junky books from the 90's my 2 boys love to read and look at.

They are only 8 so x-force, spider-man any thing from that time period that we consider junk they LOVE.

None are worthless...even the junky books from the 90's my 2 boys love to read and look at.

They are only 8 so x-force, spider-man any thing from that time period that we consider junk they LOVE.

Never said that any comic, whatever the condition, has no intrinsic value. We're talking solely about monetary value here, not sentimental.

One book may be worthless to one person and to an other person might be their favourite book. So I say it depends on the reader of the book that gives it worth!!!

Again, we're talking about what value the marketplace places on an item, not the individual.