• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what comicbooks are actually really worthlesss?

87 posts in this topic

say what you want about illegal aliens, but no junk sits outside my house for long before the mystery van swoops up and grabs it, likely for refurbishing and sending back to mexico. better than in a dump here. all of my son's shoes he outgrows before they're worn out get placed on top of the garbage can and they're gone before the garbage is picked up.

Too bad they're listed in pounds, there are some sweet books there! (thumbs u

Oh and MK, worthless doesn't start at 1 cent. :gossip:

Andy

Logistically it does ? ..Do you ask for change back from a penny ?....... (shrug) (shrug)...............BH

No I wouldn't, but I could sell 100 comics for 1 cent, therefore each one is "worth" 1/100 of a cent. :P

Andy

Speaking of worthless...

I tried to get rid of a 21" Sony Trinitron CRT computer monitor the other week. I took it to Goodwill here in Toronto and they refused to accept it. They said that no one wants CRTs any more. They can't get rid of the ones they have, so they no longer accept them!

Instead, I put it out at the end of the driveway with a sign on it that said "TAKE ME! WORKS PERFECTLY!" (which it does).

I've put the rusted-out carcass of an old BBQ out at the end of the driveway and it's disappeared in less than an hour.

I've put out an armchair with two legs missing and the springs and stuffing spilling out of it: GONE.

I've put out an old turntable with NO TONEARM: vanished overnight while I slept.

But that monitor sat there for 2 days before someone took pity on it and carted it off.

Very true! :roflmao:

None are worthless...even the junky books from the 90's my 2 boys love to read and look at.

They are only 8 so x-force, spider-man any thing from that time period that we consider junk they LOVE.

Never said that any comic, whatever the condition, has no intrinsic value. We're talking solely about monetary value here, not sentimental.

In that case most of the books that I try to SELL :)

say what you want about illegal aliens, but no junk sits outside my house for long before the mystery van swoops up and grabs it, likely for refurbishing and sending back to mexico. better than in a dump here. all of my son's shoes he outgrows before they're worn out get placed on top of the garbage can and they're gone before the garbage is picked up.

So ... people who might be poor & who might actually be able to reuse the junk your lazy- can't be bothered to take to the dump are now illegal aliens? :screwy:

C'mon guys lets put things in perspective here.

I can't fill my wifes SUV with a $100. I can't go to a restaurant with the family with $100. $100 is not enough to buy smokes for the month for petes sake :cry: Try grocery shopping with $100 and see what you come with meh

Grocery shopping......we normally can keep it under 100. Not always though.

You need to tally up what you're buying with food stamps too. :baiting:

Does WIC count?

...WIC :cloud9:

I recently received a copy of some comic book featuring LeBron James, the basketball star as a filler in a shipment. It wasn't even the first issue! I can't remember what I did with it afterward, though. I think I banished it from my hobby room forever. If I can find it again soon, I'll post a scan of it's glorious worthlessness.

Wasn't whining either, just saying 100 bucks in todays world doesn't get you much :)

You're living in the wrong part of the country! :baiting: