• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

why did he leave after 6 issues?

There are a lot of theories and rumors about that, but the long and short of it is, he and Kirkman stopped getting along. One of the reasons (supposedly) was that Tony Moore couldn't keep up and stick to deadlines.

do you think he knew at the time what a huge hit it was going to be?

i wonder if he is pissed he left.

:sumo:

1.JPG

(worship)

My favorite:

th_DSC00062.jpg

Completely agree on that one. I usually only get the trades, but for 9 I had to get this (nice 10 btw):

WALKING_DEAD_9_F.jpg

I'd love to get a shot at the OA for it, but am guessing the computerized coloring/effects have a lot to do with how cool the final product presents. Anyone know what the OA looks like or better yet have a scan of it?

My favorite:

th_DSC00062.jpg

Completely agree on that one. I usually only get the trades, but for 9 I had to get this (nice 10 btw):

WALKING_DEAD_9_F.jpg

I'd love to get a shot at the OA for it, but am guessing the computerized coloring/effects have a lot to do with how cool the final product presents. Anyone know what the OA looks like or better yet have a scan of it?

Great looking yellow label you've got there!!! You have good taste sir! :headbang:

Unfortunately, we have no chance at owning the OA to #9.....it was personally given to Rick Remender (of Fear Agent fame) as a present from Tony Moore. Rick has stated that it is his favorite cover of the series as well, and it currently hangs in his art studio....

It's not a great picture, but here is a look at the OA

(which is a grail for sure, as unattainable as it is):

IMG_0021.jpg

As of last night, I have read the entire series. I have been terrified to look in this thread until I was caught up. I also joined the WDC.

The series is awesome. Both me and my girlfriend are huge fans. I almost needed counseling when Lori was killed. I was devastated.

I look forward to reading this thread now as the new issues come out. :applause:

As of last night, I have read the entire series. I have been terrified to look in this thread until I was caught up. I also joined the WDC.

The series is awesome. Both me and my girlfriend are huge fans. I almost needed counseling when Lori was killed. I was devastated.

I look forward to reading this thread now as the new issues come out. :applause:

Awesome, and welcome! :headbang:

haha! so funny, i finished last nite and went directly to this page!!

I'm sure you've seen it already, but this is a cool site to check out the Walking Dead #1-50 covers...

http://www.comicrelated.com/gallery/walkingdeadto50.html

The first 10 covers are really great, 12 is great, but they seem to have gone down hill since then...

Edited by AGGIEZ

WARNING!! possible spoiler below

i wonder if Rick and Carl will run into Lori and Judy........you know, now that they're "dead"