• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

New Teaser Image:

More clues as to what is around the corner for the battered and bitten plague survivors. And they thought zombies were bad...

walkingdead.jpg

Ah mess!! :o

New Teaser Image:

More clues as to what is around the corner for the battered and bitten plague survivors. And they thought zombies were bad...

walkingdead.jpg

Ah mess!! :o

Yep, looks like Dale to me :(

I read a lot of the reviews in this thread (minus the spoilers, of course) and have to say I didn't think the book was that bad. I can see some of what was mentioned but it finished just how I like...with me drooling for the next :headbang:

i don't think the WD has had a single truly bad issue. and 59 wasn't bad, just a bit thin.

I really need to stop looking ahead at covers or spoiler images. Not because I feel like I'm cheating but because I can feel a knot of terror in my gut :o

and that's what it's all about! :headbang:

hm I think each WD fan here should pose a question or comment bout the series, and someone should cut and paste all of them and email them to the letter column. This thread must be recognized in the pages of TWD! :sumo:

Here is a compilation of the four teaser images, wallpaper style :headbang:

twdwp.jpg

Sweeeet! :applause:

hm I think each WD fan here should pose a question or comment bout the series, and someone should cut and paste all of them and email them to the letter column. This thread must be recognized in the pages of TWD! :sumo:

1st question: Will they ever do an issue in color? hm

Will there truly be an explanation for what happened to cause the Dead to walk?

Will there truly be an explanation for what happened to cause the Dead to walk?

I think Kirkman has said that there will never be an explanation.

I just picked up the first 9 TPBs on ebay the other day and I'm going through a TPB a night. Never thought I'd be a big Zombie fan.

The one question I had without giving too much away is does it ever get explained why if someone dies( a regular death) they come back as a Zombie? I figured you needed to get bit by one to become one.

It may have been answered in this thread, but no freakin way am I reading all of these pages. lol

I just picked up the first 9 TPBs on ebay the other day and I'm going through a TPB a night. Never thought I'd be a big Zombie fan.

The one question I had without giving too much away is does it ever get explained why if someone dies( a regular death) they come back as a Zombie? I figured you needed to get bit by one to become one.

It may have been answered in this thread, but no freakin way am I reading all of these pages. lol

They don't always come back... (shrug)

They don't always come back... (shrug)

Okay, that doesn't make sense. lol But I still love this book.

Just buy all the trades Gav, you won't regret it.

John has sent me the first seven trades and I've just finished the second. It's awesome. Definitely the first comic I've read for a while that makes you want more straight away. (thumbs u

Just buy all the trades Gav, you won't regret it.

John has sent me the first seven trades and I've just finished the second. It's awesome. Definitely the first comic I've read for a while that makes you want more straight away. (thumbs u

The recent BBC remake of Survivors was like a watered down Walking Dead - without the zombies!

I was thinking a damn good TV series could be made of it, especially if you look at Dead Set Film 4 did a while ago - that was pretty classy for a zombie TV series, well a five-parter anyway.

This question popped up in the letters columns at some point and Kirkman said the book will always be in B&W.

Kirkman also said in one of the recent letter columns that we'll be finding out more of the nature of the zombies over the upcoming months. Stuff like why some of the zombies appear really weak will be explained. I'd love to hear more about the "symptoms" of the zombies like this but hope he sticks to his guns and never gives a proper explanation of why the zombie outbreak happened.

My question is will we ever see characters pontificating on why the zombie outbreak happened. I could see some cults forming around certain ideas and it could be fun to see the characters guessing about the nature of the world, kind of like how lots of people have different theories about life in the real world but not everything is explained.

And damn, that four page ad spread is fricking sweet!

-Bob

So, I count 3 so far...

1. My question is will we ever see characters pontificating on why the zombie outbreak happened? I could see some cults forming around certain ideas and it could be fun to see the characters guessing about the nature of the world, kind of like how lots of people have different theories about life in the real world but not everything is explained.

2. Will there truly be an explanation for what happened to cause the Dead to walk?

3. Why if someone dies (a regular death) they come back as a Zombie?

How about this one: Did you (asking Kirkman) ever think about having a female lead character instead of Rick? hm

How bout we shoot for 10 questions?

Edited by Paladin