• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

:o

Subject: Glenn

Reasons He Might Live: I honestly can't think of one good reason for Glenn to live. Hmmm.

Reasons He Could Die: We've done a lot with Glenn over the years. He's been around since issue #2. Maybe it's his time.

Survival Odds: 20 to 1

Final Word: Glenn's a goner.

If that's true, there is going to be a riot!

That's what I'm thinking :popcorn:

I always thought of him and Maggie as the hope for humanity's future. I really want them to make it. Yeah, he's kind of p-whipped and he handled the whole thing at the Governor's place pretty poorly but I still don't want to see him go. I want to see SOME love and happiness in the book. SOME hope, at least.... Aw hell. There's no hope. He's a goner.

What was more disturbing is what they said about Andrea.....

Very true....here it is for the lazy:

Subject: Andrea

Reasons She Might Live: Can I say she's one of my favorite characters? Of course, Allen, Tyreese, Lori and The Governor were all favorites at one time as well...

Reasons She Could Die: I try to make sure each death in this series carries as much impact as possible. Andrea has been around for a good long time. We've seen her character mature and grow into what it is today. Fans seem to really like her. She's an important part of the series… all of which are bad signs for a character's future in this book.

Survival Odds: 10 to 1

Final Word: I don't think I've ever regretted killing a character as much as I have... er... would regret Andrea's... if I did decide to kill her.

Just read #62 :o

The "hunters" got Dale!?! :o

Michonne has a thing for Morgan :sick:

Sweet issue, I like where this is all going, should be a fun ride!

Michonne and Rick's conversation blew my mind. I wasn't expecting THAT! It also seemed out of character.

Everything else was a little bit of a letdown. Probably some of the most interesting stuff happened in the first 5 pages and that was already released! :( Damn spoilers...

Do you think they are going to go after Dale? Seems like a good way to create a rift in the group especially Carl & Rick...

Edited by plitch

But they have to get to DC. I think the group is gonna split. Rick vs. Abe. Who will Carl choose?

Interesting thought.....that should make things pretty fun to watch if it happens :popcorn:

But they have to get to DC. I think the group is gonna split. Rick vs. Abe. Who will Carl choose?

Interesting thought.....that should make things pretty fun to watch if it happens :popcorn:

I'm not sure, with carl still young and has only anger and survival on his mind, i think rick is going to find it tough to placate both groups, that is if either of them survive the hunters. I do agree that it will be a great storyline leading up to DC.

on another note, how was the condition of the actual book? mine and all that were in the store were extremely wavy, almost like water damage wavy.

j

Do you think they are going to go after Dale? Seems like a good way to create a rift in the group especially Carl & Rick...

They have to or they risk losing Andrea and she is too valuable.

on another note, how was the condition of the actual book? mine and all that were in the store were extremely wavy, almost like water damage wavy.

j

Most in my lcs were damaged. Not wavy but had a lot of spine creases. :( I usually try to pull the best copy of a book but this time it was tough.

I'm not sure, with carl still young and has only anger and survival on his mind, i think rick is going to find it tough to placate both groups, that is if either of them survive the hunters. I do agree that it will be a great storyline leading up to DC.

j

I noticed that my copy looked like it had water damage and was wavy. At first I thought maybe I had set it down on a water spot on the counter but I guess this was some sort of defect. Looks like I'm going to have to get another copy. :pullhair:

Slight OT:

Watched a movie that had what i would call "evolved zombies" called Pontypool. Based on the book named Pontypool Changes Everything, it was written by Tony Burgess.

Its pretty cool, zombies are alive this time (they never died) but there is something that is infecting the population of Pontypool Ontario Canada turning them into semi-violent deadheads. The movie takes place in a low power radio station in the basement of a church (literally 99% of it takes place there) where a fired big time dj is now back in the minors doing am radio just to scrape by.

Relatively short at a 93 minutes, it is good and a different twist on the zombie genre makes this a refreshing movie.

j

Slight OT:

Watched a movie that had what i would call "evolved zombies" called Pontypool. Based on the book named Pontypool Changes Everything, it was written by Tony Burgess.

Its pretty cool, zombies are alive this time (they never died) but there is something that is infecting the population of Pontypool Ontario Canada turning them into semi-violent deadheads. The movie takes place in a low power radio station in the basement of a church (literally 99% of it takes place there) where a fired big time dj is now back in the minors doing am radio just to scrape by.

Relatively short at a 93 minutes, it is good and a different twist on the zombie genre makes this a refreshing movie.

j

Sweet, thanks for the recommendation Jay...I'll have to check that out! (thumbs u