• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

What's the cover to #64 and #65?

BTW, anyone read #63 today?

Preacher's background was cool, but outside of the last two pages nothing really going on. I also liked the religion discussion and think it's ironic that the non-dead are eating people like the dead...but can't for the life of me get the angle of a bunch of folks hunting people down for supper. Poor Dale...now he has two stumps!

As an aside I echo the same comments from one of the readers in the letters page...events happening without some background or reasoning...I think Kirkman's abrupt style is both his blessing and his curse as the series continues.

Chew #1 was a pleasant surprise...ok read but will check it out for a few more months.

What's the cover to #64 and #65?

JUN090395.jpg

JUL090408.jpg

BTW, anyone read #63 today?

Preacher's background was cool, but outside of the last two pages nothing really going on. I also liked the religion discussion and think it's ironic that the non-dead are eating people like the dead...but can't for the life of me get the angle of a bunch of folks hunting people down for supper. Poor Dale...now he has two stumps!

As an aside I echo the same comments from one of the readers in the letters page...events happening without some background or reasoning...I think Kirkman's abrupt style is both his blessing and his curse as the series continues.

Chew #1 was a pleasant surprise...ok read but will check it out for a few more months.

Yep, I read #63 yesterday, and enjoyed it :headbang:

Much like yourself, I enjoyed the background on the Preacher, as well as the religious discussion between him and mullet-boy :)

I like the Cannibalistic way things are going.....but poor Dale :eek:

Chew is awesome, pick up the second issue Sterling, and check out the first one in color, you won't be disappointed!!

From the hidden above: "I echo the same comments from one of the readers in the letters page...events happening without some background or reasoning...I think Kirkman's abrupt style is both his blessing and his curse as the series continues"

I don't think the ending was abrupt or without some background. I believe they have discussed if animals were safe to eat in a previous issue. I think I remember them finding a deer or somthing and not wanting to eat it. Kirkman has pretty much written that our survivors were living off the food they found in the prison, canned goods they find, and Hershel's veggies he was growing.

I think it is beliveable that people would think the way the hunters do, and that this is a way to survive. Since any living person would be a none infected steak dinner.

The real danger of man, has been a steady theme of the book too. The evil Governor of Woodbury, the guys who tried to rape Carl, the effects on the children, how Morgan was living with Duane, the story of the Preist not helping people, etc... I think this is within that range of what about the people who still want to eat meat?

Edited by maloney414

Nice post, and I agree with you totally. What I am talking about was more or less his story telling style. Kirkman doesn't allow us to get in anyone's head...it's more event driven than emotion driven.

So why the hell does Dale appear to be mobile in #65?

Nice post, and I agree with you totally. What I am talking about was more or less his story telling style. Kirkman doesn't allow us to get in anyone's head...it's more event driven than emotion driven.

Because that's not Dale... :eek:

Exactly!

Just a misleading cover, IMO, which they have done many times before :headbang:

Exactly!

Just a misleading cover, IMO, which they have done many times before :headbang:

My guess is one of the canibals liked Dale's hat, that's who is in the crosshairs, probably Andrea's crosshairs...

I just caught up after falling behind a couple of issues and it doesnt seem like Ive missed all that much. But OMG what the hell is happening with the kids?? I wonder if whatever it was that started all this WD stuff isnt effecting their minds!? Or maybe its just seeing all the death and not being able to take it. Either way, Id be watching any youngsters! Its gonna be interesting to see what Andrea does when she sees Carl lying on the ground like that! Preachers story was interesting, but I wonder if he isnt lying just so they wont kill him. Maybe he was an advanced scout for the cannibel group and found (or ate) the real preacher! I am also sensing that Kirkman and crew are getting ready for the main group to meet another large group of "normal" folks. Am guessing that after the main group gets away from the cannibels (with one or two deaths) they will run into more folks that either will join them or not. Can't wait to see what happens next!!

Oh and it was interesting how the final scene of Carl with his cut off legs (and knowing what happened to his other leg) was in the same issue as the flip book of Chew!

I just started reading this series in the past 6-8 months. I recently picked up the first two TPB and just picked up a small lot (43 - 53). I read all eleven issues plus the 2nd TPB this morning. I couldn't put them down. What a great read this series is, wish I had jumped on the band wagon a bit earlier though.

I also didnt start from the beginning but I got the first 8 tpb and caught up and am glad I did...so keep going! (thumbs u

I just caught up after falling behind a couple of issues and it doesnt seem like Ive missed all that much. But OMG what the hell is happening with the kids?? I wonder if whatever it was that started all this WD stuff isnt effecting their minds!? Or maybe its just seeing all the death and not being able to take it. Either way, Id be watching any youngsters! Its gonna be interesting to see what Andrea does when she sees Carl lying on the ground like that! Preachers story was interesting, but I wonder if he isnt lying just so they wont kill him. Maybe he was an advanced scout for the cannibel group and found (or ate) the real preacher! I am also sensing that Kirkman and crew are getting ready for the main group to meet another large group of "normal" folks. Am guessing that after the main group gets away from the cannibels (with one or two deaths) they will run into more folks that either will join them or not. Can't wait to see what happens next!!

Oh and it was interesting how the final scene of Carl with his cut off legs (and knowing what happened to his other leg) was in the same issue as the flip book of Chew!

How could you NOT know what happened to his leg? It was on stick over the fire behind him getting a nice grill on...

How could you NOT know what happened to his leg? It was on stick over the fire behind him getting a nice grill on...

I know..I saw :P

Met Cliff Rathburn at SDCC. Really weird and shy guy. Got some books signed though. His wife was really nice. Seems like he was just overwhelmed being at the con

I just started reading this series in the past 6-8 months. I recently picked up the first two TPB and just picked up a small lot (43 - 53). I read all eleven issues plus the 2nd TPB this morning. I couldn't put them down. What a great read this series is, wish I had jumped on the band wagon a bit earlier though.

Bout time US.

Met Cliff Rathburn at SDCC. Really weird and shy guy. Got some books signed though. His wife was really nice. Seems like he was just overwhelmed being at the con

In addition to the grey tones on The Walking Dead, he's doing the artwork on another zombie book called Rotten right now. If you haven't checked it out yet I recommend it. Only 2 issues have come out, but so far it's very good.

Think Walking Dead in the Wild West time period. Similar to WD in that it's Romero style zombies and people are the main characters. (I say that because there have been a ton of bad zombie comics not following the Kirkman/Romero style.)