• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Is this a book that can be kept long term or is it destined to become another supermova modern. There are now 110 copies graded at 9.8.

there may be quite a few 9.8's, but it's still a fairly scarce issue, even now (some 7000+ out there). give the book 5-10 years, some of those copies won't be in the same condition. some will be cracked out; a few may even be lost. the other thing that helps is that the story has stayed consistently strong for 64 issues. as long as the story doesn't become "clone saga" bad

There is a raw issue ending tonight with a bid of 150.00 but the dude has a no return policy. I just can't bring myself to bid on it.

personally, i'd say hold off. i could be wrong, but i think you can find a raw copy for a little less than that. but i will say this; i think anything less than $200 for a near mint copy is a good deal in the LONG run. imagine if the series is still (should be) running in 2015? think about all the people who will have multiple copies. the best thing is that we're close to 100 issues, and it's been great, and it's still great, which will give people a reason to want to collect every issue. great/good art. great story. absolutely great letters page. great characters. you just can't lose with the walking dead. esp. the first 25 issues (tony moore issues).

Well as long as we're showing off the WD #1 club, here are mine and then some. Luckily I have the black and white version of #1.

WDSet.jpg

Edited by PEP

There is a raw issue ending tonight with a bid of 150.00 but the dude has a no return policy. I just can't bring myself to bid on it.

personally, i'd say hold off. i could be wrong, but i think you can find a raw copy for a little less than that. but i will say this; i think anything less than $200 for a near mint copy is a good deal in the LONG run. imagine if the series is still (should be) running in 2015? think about all the people who will have multiple copies. the best thing is that we're close to 100 issues, and it's been great, and it's still great, which will give people a reason to want to collect every issue. great/good art. great story. absolutely great letters page. great characters. you just can't lose with the walking dead. esp. the first 25 issues (tony moore issues).

If I hold off will you be posting it next week. :baiting:

while we're talking about the walking dead #1 club, i've got an american and serbian copy. soon i'm gonna look for the black "mature readers" copy

What are the differences here?? (shrug) Regular vs. Serbian vs. Mature Reader??

while we're talking about the walking dead #1 club, i've got an american and serbian copy. soon i'm gonna look for the black "mature readers" copy

What are the differences here?? (shrug) Regular vs. Serbian vs. Mature Reader??

the serbian is a smaller book with a different cover, done by a serbian artist. pretty good too. the regular version says "mature readers" on the cover. most are in white, but some copies of issue #1 have 'mature readers" in black lettering. most people don't notice it.

Hmmn, I don't know. If they are, then he would be a rascal to deal with on a raw book anyway. It went to 203.50. That seems pretty strong for a raw book. You could get a 9.6 graded for that price. So you really are banking on that copy to be a 9.8. That is a risk not worth taking in my book.

My main commitment is to the comics. I want to be the first guy in history that's gotten a movie or TV deal and continued to put out his comic series uninterrupted. As a fan, I hate it when it's like, "Oh, that's awesome, there's gonna be a TV show… and now the comic is gone. What the F!" I've already talked to Charlie Adlard [the artist of "The Walking Dead"] about it and we definitely want to keep the series without interruptions. So, that comes first.

Good to know! :applause:

Anyone know what raw copies are selling for at cons? Are they available at cons? Do you think there will be any in Baltimore this year?

all i found at bcc last year was a #2 (which i bought), no #1's to be found. but things may change this year.

my copy will be there, but it's to get ss.

j