• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

So Agents #6 appears to pre-date Walking Dead #1 because of the information on the inside of the cover.

HOWEVER, I just did some searching and playing around with the Diamond new release archive and found the actual day this book hit stores. 10/8/03

Turns out, AGENTS #6, CAPES #1, and THE WALKING DEAD #1 all came out on the exact same day. So it's a tie, NOT the 1st appearance.

In baseball a tie goes to the runner. Comics is pretty much the same, tie goes to the main title. Just ask Marvel Team-Up 141 about price jumps during the whole ASM #252 and #300 spike a few years ago. lol!!

Let the price drop begin... that was a quick run. Glad I bought my copies cheap.

Link:

http://previewsworld.com/shipping/archive/2003/100803.txt

Pic:

WD.jpg

people charging $40 for the agents #6 is what killed it's buzz so quick. the agents #6 is a chitty book with chitty art and a chitty story. at least capes #1 has an interesting and good idea.

Agreed. The other thing going for Agents is that there are twice as many Capes #1's as Agent 6. Because it has garbage artwork, a lame cover, and poor writing: I'm sure that's the main cause for it being so low-printed (if I recall, this was the last or one of the last issues for the series).

Pat

Agreed. The other thing going for Agents is that there are twice as many Capes #1's as Agent 6. Because it has garbage artwork, a lame cover, and poor writing: I'm sure that's the main cause for it being so low-printed (if I recall, this was the last or one of the last issues for the series).

Pat

Apparently it was LATE too. :roflmao:

Edited by maloney414

I just joined the WD #1 club :headbang:

I want to see it! I never get tired of looking at them.

it's not near as good a grade as the one in your sig, but I've been wanting an affordable copy for a while and when I heard it was a SS I just couldn't pass for how much was asked for it.

It's at CGC right now. I'll get pics when it comes in.

I just joined the Serbian WD club! :headbang:

Today was a great Walking Dead day. I got all of these books in the mail on the same day. (From 3 different sellers.)

PA020018.jpg

For those that don't know, the Image Holiday Special 2005 has a Walking Dead story with Morgan and Duane.

The Image First book reprints The Walking Dead #1 along with some other #1's from Image (Girls #1 from the Luna bros is in there too.) Here is a pic of the inside.

PA020023.jpg

Edited by maloney414

I just joined the WD #1 club :headbang:

I want to see it! I never get tired of looking at them.

it's not near as good a grade as the one in your sig, but I've been wanting an affordable copy for a while and when I heard it was a SS I just couldn't pass for how much was asked for it.

It's at CGC right now. I'll get pics when it comes in.

I usually have a hard time trying to decide whether I want the higher grade, or SS (I can't afford both most of the time). I just made the decision again with another cgc'd book and went with the SS over another one with a higher grade. So cool, congrats!