• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

I just finished the new one too - no spoilers here but let's just say I wasn't surprised. Can't wait for next month....

On another WD note - did everyone see how much the cgc'd #50 variant cover just went for on ebay? It was a 9.8, WD #50 variant - closed close to $190.00 :o

I was surprised to see it go so high! I have a 9.6 and was thinking of bidding just b/c I'm a freak and want the 9.8 - but it went WAY beyond what I expected.

Call me crazy but I don't even like that cover. (shrug)

That's the one WD related comic I'm not interested in adding to my collection.

I was told that #69 cover would be the Road to Washington Promo Art , any info about that ?

That's what I heard too....the cover art should be the same as this limited print from SDCC 2008 :headbang:

wdprint.jpg

#2 Nice pick up Steve :applause:

It'll be the nicest cover of the run, maybe because Romero is somewhere there :grin:

I just finished the new one too - no spoilers here but let's just say I wasn't surprised. Can't wait for next month....

On another WD note - did everyone see how much the cgc'd #50 variant cover just went for on ebay? It was a 9.8, WD #50 variant - closed close to $190.00 :o

I was surprised to see it go so high! I have a 9.6 and was thinking of bidding just b/c I'm a freak and want the 9.8 - but it went WAY beyond what I expected.

I didn't like the cover at first either, but I wanted one anyway - it's not my favorite, but now I like how different it is. I suppose that's the point, right?

I bought my copy on ebay for $35 but I did pay to slab it too - looks like that will be a bargain.

I didn't like the cover at first either, but I wanted one anyway - it's not my favorite, but now I like how different it is. I suppose that's the point, right?

I bought my copy on ebay for $35 but I did pay to slab it too - looks like that will be a bargain.

i got mine from a baord members' comic shop for $7.99 during san diego ocmic con a few years ago.

This was in my pull-box at my LCS today :cloud9:

wd67-double-cover.jpg

:o PM sent!! :wishluck:

dang it. i was thinking of doing that too. beat me to it

I would still send one...

:gossip: Steve is kind of cheap

:baiting:

:o

:censored:

i got mine from a baord members' comic shop for $7.99 during san diego ocmic con a few years ago.

What can I say, I just started seriously collecting this year, I'm late to the game - plus I have no comic friends to hook me up. I'm working on that :)

This reminds me of that Kristin Wigg (no idea if I spelled her name right, sorry) character from SNL who one-ups everyone - "Oh yeah, well I got MY copy from Erik Larsen, he delivered it to my house in a helicopter for .99 cents. And now we're best friends too." lol

What can I say, I just started seriously collecting this year, I'm late to the game - plus I have no comic friends to hook me up. I'm working on that :)

This reminds me of that Kristin Wigg (no idea if I spelled her name right, sorry) character from SNL who one-ups everyone - "Oh yeah, well I got MY copy from Erik Larsen, he delivered it to my house in a helicopter for .99 cents. And now we're best friends too." lol

I believe you're referring to the SNL character, Penelope. lol

Anyone read Issue #67 yet?

I was exactly right about Eugene, he has no idea what caused the zombie outbreak lol

Oh, and interesting (short) introduction of a new character at the end of the issue!!!

As always, can't wait until the next issue :cloud9:

Blech. One of the worst issues yet. The writing seems to have stalled (more like "come to a grinding halt" but I am being diplomatic here). I mean, it seems like they are just going through the motions now. The excitement of the first 48 issues is gone. The most interesting thing to happen in my opinion since issue 48 is when Kirkman gave that interview telling us a bunch of people were going to die. Then nothing happened (except for Dale getting knocked off) in the actual comic. I mean, where is this going? In the past, plot wasn't essential but we were getting a lot of character development. Now we aren't getting anything except cliffhanger after cliffhanger and that is starting to get old. I mean, the cliffhangers aren't leading anywhere!

I'll continue to buy WD for a while longer- just like I'll continue to watch LaDanian Tomlinson. I just hope that both can regain their former glory. lol

+1

Anyone read Issue #67 yet?

I was exactly right about Eugene, he has no idea what caused the zombie outbreak lol

Oh, and interesting (short) introduction of a new character at the end of the issue!!!

As always, can't wait until the next issue :cloud9:

Blech. One of the worst issues yet. The writing seems to have stalled (more like "come to a grinding halt" but I am being diplomatic here). I mean, it seems like they are just going through the motions now. The excitement of the first 48 issues is gone. The most interesting thing to happen in my opinion since issue 48 is when Kirkman gave that interview telling us a bunch of people were going to die. Then nothing happened (except for Dale getting knocked off) in the actual comic. I mean, where is this going? In the past, plot wasn't essential but we were getting a lot of character development. Now we aren't getting anything except cliffhanger after cliffhanger and that is starting to get old. I mean, the cliffhangers aren't leading anywhere!

I'll continue to buy WD for a while longer- just like I'll continue to watch LaDanian Tomlinson. I just hope that both can regain their former glory. lol

I disagree. I wasn't crazy about this issue, partly b/c I was expecting what happened, but it was mainly just a set up issue. I thought the last story arc was great. The only thing wrong with it *SPOILERS BELOW*

was that they cooked Dale before they ate him, I wanted to see at least one of them turn. That would've been entertaining! Anyway I think the story is generally just as good as ever.