• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180478785743&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNARL:US:1123

I've never seen a no reserve .99 auction on these before.

i tired to do a buy it now last week and it didnt work, i hate to see them go but i have a new baby on the way and need to get some diapers.

You listed them as "Siberian" instead of Serbian.

And are all the Ticks gone? hm

Thanks for the correction!!

Bastards! I canceled all bids so i can make the correction in the description/title and now it STILL wont let me make the changes!! UGH!

:( No Ticks! Maybe?

My bid got canceled out..... :sorry:

So you're the one who outbid me. hm

I couldn't let them sit there with 0 bids, so I put in the almighty 0.99

Good luck on your auction, I have some extras of these too...

I asked my LCS guy, who's like 1000 years old, what he thought about cracking cases and grading higher Overstreet. Like me, he couldn't even fathom the idea. What do you guys think if someone cracked a 9.4 or something and graded it raw NM/M for more profit? I don't know. It just never occurred to me to do such a thing, really. I would just hate to be on the other end of the deal, you know? (shrug)
Saying NM/M would be unethical but simply NM I don't think so. A 9.4 is NM right? It's a risk on the sellers part too. Personally, as a buyer I am far more likely to buy a comic raw just because I have seen how much of a pain it is to crack those comics out of there. And I don't feel like having the submission fees and shipping to CGC tacked onto the price. If the raw sells for the same or higher than a slab then so be it, but I usually skip auctions for CGC comics and consider bidding on the raw ones. Of course I bid low and assume I'm getting a VF copy so I probably wouldn't be winning those auctions anyway.

Nothing wrong with cracking a 9.4 slab and selling it as NM. (thumbs u Raw selling higher is the exception not the rule.

Yeah, I knew you were kidding, but it made me think.

I guess if someone cracks a NM and calls it NM raw, it's okay. Not sure about a 9.4 cracked and calling it a NM+ raw. If you think about it, CGC has such high and sometimes inconsistent standards, why couldn't it be graded NM+ raw? hm

I try and make it clear that when I grade my books, I use other standards and not CGC standards so they should not expect a CGC 9.8 if they buy a NM/M from me and so forth. That should never be anyone's guarantee, I guess. I don't mind my NM/Ms with a tiny stress line because it's raw. And like dupont, I like buying raw. It feels good. I only buy CGC for investment purposes.

The only time that I would sell something that would be worthy of CGC 9.8 grading is when I think the book is flawless and I state that. Doesn't happen much unless I'm clear on it or even run it at my LCS. I learned that from another seller that has sold me 2 different books at "flawless" and both have graded CGC 9.8 without disappointment. One of them was a #1 TWD I slabbed with signature series by Moore.

Cracking it out is just too greedy. Instead you just claim that CGC graded it too high and you want to be fair by dropping the grade. That should get you about $80 more :devil:

WalkingDead2.jpg

I like your thinking!! :applause:

I just read the last 4 issues this past weekend to catch up with the series. If someone doesn't die soon, I may not make it to issue 100. It's turning into a titfest. :cry:

So I watched 30 Days Of Night for the first time yesterday and Josh Hartnett's character made me very excited to see who plays Rick.

30daysofnight-joshhartnett.jpg

1799489766_edd5e6280c.jpg

30daysofnight071029_560.jpg

I'm not saying Hartnett should play Rick. I just saw a scruffy, somewhat shaggy-haired guy wearing a badge and weilding an axe and it got me thinking.