• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

I told kirkman I think you know who survives and then in issue 300 comes back and kills rick for leaving you know who. Kirkman shot me down. (I did plant the seed)

I've only issue 70 to read and i'm upto date :banana: I must admit WD is full of those moments that really shock, sadden and anger you as well as put a huge smile on your face. It's why I love it so much.
+1

+1

I just finished reading hardcovers 2, 3 and 4, having bought them for myself as a treat recently. Having been slightly underwhelmed by HC1 but reassured by you lot that it gets better n better, I now agree (thumbs u

BUT I can't believe the end of HC4. Not little Judy... :cry: I'm really, really upset about it! And now I've got to wait a few weeks for HC5! :cry: :cry:

That really got me as well.

Me too.......and the fact that we all cared so much about these characters really is a testament to Kirkman's writing!

During this particular moment my mouth literally dropped open and I just stared at the page for several minutes. If that's not a OMFGBBQ!!! moment then I don't know what is!

I seriously considered not reading anymore WD when I read that issue. Steve talked me out of it (thumbs u

I actually used to own the original art to the page where that happens. At first it seemed like a pivotal moment in the characters lives, but the longer I owned it, it just made me feel sad inside. So I let it go.

I just finished reading hardcovers 2, 3 and 4, having bought them for myself as a treat recently. Having been slightly underwhelmed by HC1 but reassured by you lot that it gets better n better, I now agree (thumbs u

BUT I can't believe the end of HC4. Not little Judy... :cry: I'm really, really upset about it! And now I've got to wait a few weeks for HC5! :cry: :cry:

That really got me as well.

Me too.......and the fact that we all cared so much about these characters really is a testament to Kirkman's writing!

During this particular moment my mouth literally dropped open and I just stared at the page for several minutes. If that's not a OMFGBBQ!!! moment then I don't know what is!

I seriously considered not reading anymore WD when I read that issue. Steve talked me out of it (thumbs u

I actually used to own the original art to the page where that happens. At first it seemed like a pivotal moment in the characters lives, but the longer I owned it, it just made me feel sad inside. So I let it go.

I literally dropped the trade down, put my hands over my face and said WHY KIRKMAN WHY?? and i sat there for about 2 minutes before finishing the story...

Wow thats most likely the most important page to own in WD besides the tony moore covers.

I am really thinking about slowly collecting this series graded hm .

Picked up a wicked cheap ScriptBook yesterday, lol .

You chose the best time to do it, too. :makepoint:

lol Somehow I missed that reply.

Yeah, but I can put off the #1 issue until it stabilizes again :wishluck: . But, my OCD will require me to get both versions, lol .

Yeah, but I can put off the #1 issue until it stabilizes again :wishluck: .

Shhhh. We're all hoping that will never happen. We want to be rich!

I do have a bet with my husband. I think a 9.8 blue label #1 will sell for $1,000 or more within one year from now. He says no way, and furthermore, it has to happen at least twice (2 separate sales of $1,000 +) or I lose the bet.

The winner gets to choose a book from the other's collection.

lol Somehow I missed that reply.

Probably, will be the #1 reason why I would wimp out too :( . Ebay, here I come :cry: .

I do have a bet with my husband. I think a 9.8 blue label #1 will sell for $1,000 or more within one year from now. He says no way, and furthermore, it has to happen at least twice (2 separate sales of $1,000 +) or I lose the bet.

Can I get in on that action?

Can I get in on that action?

Nope. Make a bet with your hetero life mate instead. :baiting:

I'm gonna get tarred for this at the Walking Dead Club, but as excited as I am for The Walking Dead show on AMC's Halloween horror marathon, I'm also sad because once Halloween is over with people start thinking Christmas and not zombies. It's gonna take a lot of campaigning from our fan base to our friends and family to keep this show running with high numbers through the holidays. When you think about it, thank God it was only six episodes. Other than the Scream movies, I cannot think of one successful modern horror show/movie that played through the holidays? (shrug)

:sorry: . I'll clean out my locker and take down my Supergirl posters.

lol

I do hear what you're saying, J. I worry about that a bit - I think it just depends on how good the show is. I'm very hopeful.