• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

I just finished reading hardcovers 2, 3 and 4, having bought them for myself as a treat recently. Having been slightly underwhelmed by HC1 but reassured by you lot that it gets better n better, I now agree (thumbs u

BUT I can't believe the end of HC4. Not little Judy... :cry: I'm really, really upset about it! And now I've got to wait a few weeks for HC5! :cry: :cry:

That really got me as well.

Me too.......and the fact that we all cared so much about these characters really is a testament to Kirkman's writing!
Now you know why I love this series :headbang:

I just finished reading hardcovers 2, 3 and 4, having bought them for myself as a treat recently. Having been slightly underwhelmed by HC1 but reassured by you lot that it gets better n better, I now agree (thumbs u

BUT I can't believe the end of HC4. Not little Judy... :cry: I'm really, really upset about it! And now I've got to wait a few weeks for HC5! :cry: :cry:

Me too.......and the fact that we all cared so much about these characters really is a testament to Kirkman's writing!

During this particular moment my mouth literally dropped open and I just stared at the page for several minutes. If that's not a OMFGBBQ!!! moment then I don't know what is!

I seriously considered not reading anymore WD when I read that issue. Steve talked me out of it (thumbs u

I actually used to own the original art to the page where that happens. At first it seemed like a pivotal moment in the characters lives, but the longer I owned it, it just made me feel sad inside. So I let it go.

I literally dropped the trade down, put my hands over my face and said WHY KIRKMAN WHY?? and i sat there for about 2 minutes before finishing the story...

Wow thats most likely the most important page to own in WD besides the tony moore covers.

im sorry, why is everyone assumng that Lori and Judy are dead. Lori was shot, yeah, but she didn't change? Everyone else - as soon as they pass, they change. And Judy might not have even been hit by the round...all the Guv'nors 'followers' then head into the prison to secure themselves. We don't know their fate, whether they rescued the baby...and maybe Lori if she was still alive. At that point the story heads completely away from the two of them and follows Rick. I think your in for a bit of a Kirkman shock - those two are going to return!!! 2c

I do hear what you're saying, J. I worry about that a bit - I think it just depends on how good the show is. I'm very hopeful.
It all has to depend if the show falls into the same zombie trap 28 Weeks Later did, by turning the sequel into a typical zombie genre vehicle("Braiiiiiins") instead of the neat little survival piece the original was(whose the bigger monster, us or them?). If the show has a horrific pilot to coincide with it's Halloween debut on AMC, and becomes more character driven and ending with the cliffhanger of issue #6,(don't read if you don't know)

...where Rick discovers Nicole Scherzinger was the lead singer of Eden's Crush before The Pussycat Dolls lol - you know what I mean.

than it should work out :wishluck: .

I just wish they would release it in August, to work it's way to Halloween, so it can play up some decent zombie scares all throughout the season.

During this particular moment my mouth literally dropped open and I just stared at the page for several minutes. If that's not a OMFGBBQ!!! moment then I don't know what is!

I seriously considered not reading anymore WD when I read that issue. Steve talked me out of it (thumbs u

I actually used to own the original art to the page where that happens. At first it seemed like a pivotal moment in the characters lives, but the longer I owned it, it just made me feel sad inside. So I let it go.

I literally dropped the trade down, put my hands over my face and said WHY KIRKMAN WHY?? and i sat there for about 2 minutes before finishing the story...

Wow thats most likely the most important page to own in WD besides the tony moore covers.

im sorry, why is everyone assumng that Lori and Judy are dead. Lori was shot, yeah, but she didn't change? Everyone else - as soon as they pass, they change. And Judy might not have even been hit by the round...all the Guv'nors 'followers' then head into the prison to secure themselves. We don't know their fate, whether they rescued the baby...and maybe Lori if she was still alive. At that point the story heads completely away from the two of them and follows Rick. I think your in for a bit of a Kirkman shock - those two are going to return!!! 2c

See my # 48 for no help on this topic

It's going to be interesting to see how the episodes correlate with the books, I mean how many issues will six episodes cover? 12?

See my # 48 for no help on this topic

(worship)

It's going to be interesting to see how the episodes correlate with the books, I mean how many issues will six episodes cover? 12?
I figure there might be some padding of scenes with more of the horror element :eek: .

I hope it's done right(early Romero or John Carpenter?).

Or the first 6 episodes could end with them getting to the jail like in the end of Issue # 12

Shane dies in the third episodes. (shrug)

you know what...i think the other post is spot on, and for those never having read a WD, Shanes death would keep em intriguged for the 2nd series...

you know what...i think the other post is spot on, and for those never having read a WD, Shanes death would keep em intriguged for the 2nd series...
Just how it all comes together by issue #6 screams Emmy for all those who are involved, you don't see that kind of raw human drama like that on a lot of TV shows. It should do the trick, for a nice cliffhanger.

Just how it all comes together by issue #6 screams Emmy for all those who are involved, you don't see that kind of raw human drama like that on a lot of TV shows. It should do the trick, for a nice cliffhanger.

but remember, the story line will not follow the comic book. we'd all love it to but im thinking it'll be ajusted to include a much larger, not comic fan base...

but remember, the story line will not follow the comic book. we'd all love it to but im thinking it'll be ajusted to include a much larger, not comic fan base...

^^

As much as I enjoy this series, I don't think a straight episode per issue transition would work for large audiences.

^^

As much as I enjoy this series, I don't think a straight episode per issue transition would work for large audiences.

:whee: someone agrees with me for once... (thumbs u

^^

:whee: someone agrees with me for once... (thumbs u

:applause:

I pretty much doubt they'd find any way of airing Michonne's revenge on th Governer for starters.

I pretty much doubt they'd find any way of airing Michonne's revenge on th Governer for starters.

oh they will....you can depict certain action without following through and showing the finish...we'll all know exactly what happen to his meat and two veg, but they won't show the action, just the prelude....her swinging the sword in the area of his pleasure center - cut away to shadows on wall - he screams - blood spatters on wall - cut back to her smiling -