• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

& these are all #75 covers?! How do comic shops get in the variant cover ?.. Do they need to order a certain amount or ?..

1 per store and 1:50 for additional copies.

SDCC Variant

30638_10150208374320652_793285651_1.jpg

Why is is gun holstered on the stump side? :pullhair:

If he was right handed before his "accident", it makes sense to have the gun there for the quickest access, seeing how he was previously a police officer. Plus, he is in the middle of a zombie apocalypse, so finding a lefty holster might be difficult too.

I have to go back and look, I thought he bagged the holster for a long stretch entirely.

Maybe he's wearing it for show in his new constable role.

It's got to be for show because police officer holsters are "safety holsters" you cannot remove the gun pulling it from the front as he would be forced to do using his left hand coming across his body.

Safety Holsters are required in almost all departments in the last 15 years. There are two snaps, over the hammer, and another right behind the trigger guard. Even if those snaps are released the gun must be tilted backwards before it can be drawn. It will never come out trying to pull it straight up or forward first.

I know the holster thing on the stump hand drives me nuts too! So its one comic book per store & the stores automatically get it in then if they order walking dead regularly ?... Or is it something they needed to special order?

Ahhh! Sweet! Just called the shop & he said he ordered one & will put it aside for me if he gets it :)

Edited by synch

SDCC Variant

If he was right handed before his "accident", it makes sense to have the gun there for the quickest access, seeing how he was previously a police officer. Plus, he is in the middle of a zombie apocalypse, so finding a lefty holster might be difficult too.

I have to go back and look, I thought he bagged the holster for a long stretch entirely.

It's got to be for show because police officer holsters are "safety holsters" you cannot remove the gun pulling it from the front as he would be forced to do using his left hand coming across his body.

Safety Holsters are required in almost all departments in the last 15 years. There are two snaps, over the hammer, and another right behind the trigger guard. Even if those snaps are released the gun must be tilted backwards before it can be drawn. It will never come out trying to pull it straight up or forward first.

Stop talking logic!! Your last few posts make way too much sense. Where's the sarcastic Chris I know and love?

SDCC Variant

Stop talking logic!! Your last few posts make way too much sense. Where's the sarcastic Chris I know and love?

I was just thinking we are talking about a comic with Walking Dead people in it...a gun holsters doesn't really matter..the only thing that matters is

Who is Davidson?!?

SDCC Variant

I was just thinking we are talking about a comic with Walking Dead people in it...a gun holsters doesn't really matter..the only thing that matters is

Who is Davidson?!?

Judith

SDCC Variant

Is it just me or are the Adlard covers getting worse & worse? You would assume that after 75 issues he'd be able to draw a Rick that actually looks half-way decent for the cover :doh:

SDCC Variant

Is it just me or are the Adlard covers getting worse & worse? You would assume that after 75 issues he'd be able to draw a Rick that actually looks half-way decent for the cover :doh:

this was actually an unused cover from years ago that had a blacked out face and rick had his hand.

from what i understand the face and chopped hand were photoshopped in explaining the holstered gun. adlard was not aware of this.

Edited by SlinginWeb

SDCC Variant

this was actually an unused cover from years ago that had a blacked out face. from what i understand the face and hand were photoshopped in. adlard was not aware of this.

Correct, and that is what I heard as well..... hm

I've been thinking its the main guy that attacked rick from the jail :D Eye patch guy! forget his name! Man I need to re read this series again.. I just did it when v2 omnibus came out ... I guess when v3 omnibus hits I will read 1 &2 &3 in one shot :D

I've been thinking its the main guy that attacked rick from the jail :D Eye patch guy! forget his name! Man I need to re read this series again.. I just did it when v2 omnibus came out ... I guess when v3 omnibus hits I will read 1 &2 &3 in one shot :D

:ohnoez:

SDCC Variant

His account has been hacked by.....

Wait for it

Rick's Wife, Judith Grimes..... :o:o aka Judy Grimes! :popcorn:

tumblr_kqnin989k41qzhk9uo1_500.png

...and her Maiden Name was....DAVIDSON!!!!!!!! wwwMessenToolscom-Varios-big-071.gifwwwMessenToolscom-Varios-big-071.gifwwwMessenToolscom-Varios-big-071.gif