• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

But a 4 day pass will run you $400 on the secondary market if you don't already have one, a hotel room another $600-900 for the 5 days, a plane ticket another $300, etc etc etc.

So the books are $4 plus $1600 in expenses, give or take. lol

Since I am not going I, personally, would prefer to pay someone to pick nice copies for me.

I've done the whole pick up books for friends at a convention thing before, I have never had the stones to guarantee 9.6/9.8 copies. Having experienced the "picking the nice ones, trying to get them home, trying to keep them 9.8 " trifecta, I don't ever make that guarantee anymore.

I guess that's why I don't mind giving a premium for anyone willing to take on all the work. That's all I meant.

Fair enough. I think we're on the same page just different ways of doing things. Absolutely nothing wrong with charging or paying a premium for a guarantee. It is why slabbed books sell at a premium right? :)

To each their own. New book I'll take my chances on the secondary market.

I thought I was helping you, so this is news to me?

Oh well, live and learn.

Just a discussion in a discussion thread (shrug)

With the book being limited to 3000 copies, I'm sure these will be on eBay for at least $10 bucks a pop.

I think $5 extra to have someone we know can tell the difference and pick out 9.8 copies is a great deal. 2c

I thought it was 2,000 and Ebay has them for $5.99 right now :) My initial post was a response to someone posting the sales thread and not a judgement on premium pricing.

hm

Aren't they $4 at SDCC? (shrug)

They might be, SRP is $3.99. Up to the dealers to set the pricing on their books at the show. There are a few dealers on ebay selling for $7 plus shipping or close to that price. That would be a good place to look also. There might be dealers who will grab nice copies if someone asked them. I have had it happen, might be worth a try to anyone interested.

So... THIS is a thread I thought I'd never frequent. :grin:

I haven't read WD yet. Honestly? I had no intentions to read this book--I am simply NOT into the whole zombie thing. Had a really, really bad experience with Night of the Living Dead as a small kid and never looked back.

Why am I posting here if I'm non-Zombie? I think my doctoral comprehensive exams could potentially include Walking Dead with a mix of post-modern literary critical theory.

???

I sat down and talked with the professor who might end up being the director for my dissertation. Very productive talk. Anyhow, given the comparative literature angle I am moving in, he recommended I plan on taking part of my exams in graphic novels. He also mentioned WD w/ a Nietzsche / Post-Modern approach as something to include in those exams. It seems WD is more than just brain-eating zombies but is more of an exploration of Gothic-Realist Essentialism (supernatural horror - Cynical, negative view of the world as it is, and then how mankind recreates itself with only the most significant characteristics).

Not sure when I'll get to it... but it seems Walking Dead is officially on my must-read list.

Forrest, you will love it.

The thing about 'zombies' is they are not Jason or Freddy. They are just there. Lurking and it is inevitable they will get you when you least expect or overwhelm you. Part of the beauty of WD is that there is not a zombie on every page, in fact quite a opposite. The real enemies in the book are humans, that is the scary part...

Take a read and enjoy, I think you will be hooked!

what is that & where can I get one ? :)

So... THIS is a thread I thought I'd never frequent. :grin:

I haven't read WD yet. Honestly? I had no intentions to read this book--I am simply NOT into the whole zombie thing. Had a really, really bad experience with Night of the Living Dead as a small kid and never looked back.

Why am I posting here if I'm non-Zombie? I think my doctoral comprehensive exams could potentially include Walking Dead with a mix of post-modern literary critical theory.

???

I sat down and talked with the professor who might end up being the director for my dissertation. Very productive talk. Anyhow, given the comparative literature angle I am moving in, he recommended I plan on taking part of my exams in graphic novels. He also mentioned WD w/ a Nietzsche / Post-Modern approach as something to include in those exams. It seems WD is more than just brain-eating zombies but is more of an exploration of Gothic-Realist Essentialism (supernatural horror - Cynical, negative view of the world as it is, and then how mankind recreates itself with only the most significant characteristics).

Not sure when I'll get to it... but it seems Walking Dead is officially on my must-read list.

Start with volume 1 up dude don't just grab some random volume & start reading ...

Edited by synch

Yeah I agree deff start with the first Volume..part of the reason WD is so great is seeing the characters change through out the story.

I am posting it again--sorry thanks again to Gary (worship)

j0lj4n.jpg