• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Thanks,

Well if somebody read this and have one to sell, PM me.

I was watching Fox Japan and the show is actually coming to Japan pretty quick, 5th of November. That s much faster than usual

How do they do shows like that, subtitles or voice over?

I will know once it's on tv but my guess both. I would be fun to hear japanese zombie :ohnoez:

out of curiosity, I am wondering about this walking dead title. Will it continue to stay strong or should we expect it to fade out like all other non-blue chip in years to come? I have seen this happen too many times. Look at Spawn now for example. Back in the day, he was outselling Batman and Spiderman but now where is that title.

I felt it has been fading but I have high hopes for the upcoming issues. It might be hard for Kirkman to replicate the genius of the earlier issues but I will give him the benefit of the doubt for a while.

the one thing Id ike to see Kirkman and artist Suydam do is a DC Zombie Universe which would interact (eventually) with Marvel at some point. Something like an alternate Universe where say Krypton is infected first and then the Sup Zombie arrives to earth. And of all Kryptonians- Zod (the only uninfected) comes to earth for help, all in vain, hehe, just an idea...

lets see how the tv series for walking dead goes, it looks good

Edited by Yannis

Well IMO dc did zombies already with the black lanterns but I'd read some alternate world type thing done by kirkman with out a doubt :D My friend just got in the twd #19 I brought from ebay says it looks like a 9.8 :D

http://www.deadline.com/2010/10/walking-dead-to-become-series-of-novels/

Robert Kirkman's bestselling comic series The Walking Dead, which already migrated to TV with the upcoming AMC series, will now spawn a trilogy of original novels to be published by Thomas Dunne books, an imprint of St. Martins Press, starting in 2011. The books will be conceptualized and outlined by Kirkman before being developed by horror novelist Jay Bonansinga (Perfect Victim). The books’ plots will take place in the “universe” or context established by Kirkman’s comic series, which is currently in its 77th issue and has sold approximately three million copies worldwide. AMC's The Walking Dead premieres on October 31.

out of curiosity, I am wondering about this walking dead title. Will it continue to stay strong or should we expect it to fade out like all other non-blue chip in years to come? I have seen this happen too many times. Look at Spawn now for example. Back in the day, he was outselling Batman and Spiderman but now where is that title.

except for a handful of issues, spawn was never really good to begin with, and has never come close to walking dead in terms of quality. as for whether it will be good for years to come, no one knows. you have to wait and see. but here we are, 77 issues in. all good to great.

Edited by Hawkman

Well...craptacular......

I was picking up a sweet haul at Hastings yesterday and they had a copy of WD Volume 1 TPB for half off. I thought to myself, "why not see what the hooplah is all about?"

In all fairness, I'm not a zombie fan. But this book isn't about zombies and no one was more surprised than I was! If, in the future, I don't latch on to a good book I need someone here to smack me up side the head. It's going to cost me a fortune to put this series together!

lol

Well...craptacular......

I was picking up a sweet haul at Hastings yesterday and they had a copy of WD Volume 1 TPB for half off. I thought to myself, "why not see what the hooplah is all about?"

In all fairness, I'm not a zombie fan. But this book isn't about zombies and no one was more surprised than I was! If, in the future, I don't latch on to a good book I need someone here to smack me up side the head. It's going to cost me a fortune to put this series together!

lol

Welcome aboard (thumbs u

I thought you knew it wasn't about zombies?! It's the best exploration of human survival ever, with fantastic characters.

its not that good :baiting:

:o:o:o:o:o

Right about now, I'm hoping Doug really likes The Walking Dead. lol

You and me both, you and me both :wishluck:

Well...craptacular......

lol

Only a small fortune ;) Raw or Slabbed Sir? :baiting:

Well...craptacular......

lol

Only a small fortune ;) Raw or Slabbed Sir? :baiting:

Wow, Jeff. I swear, you're like a printing press. lol

:foryou:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Walking-Dead-47-SS-9-8-w-Sketch-Cliff-Rathburn-/300473561498?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45f59eb19a

Am I seeing this right? Winning bidder gets the 2 CGC books AND the OA? That is a very cool auction J, I had to throw in a bid.

I wish I saw that auction in time...... :cry:

Well IMO dc did zombies already with the black lanterns but I'd read some alternate world type thing done by kirkman with out a doubt :D My friend just got in the twd #19 I brought from ebay says it looks like a 9.8 :D

DC did it LONG before the black lanterns...

1381_400x600.jpg