• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

Just finished #77... :headbang:

Issue #80 will be the new Issue #48 :sumo:

Who do you think Rick shot on the last page? I think it was the wife with the cut throat.

Yeah I agree with that...the last page is what I am looking forward to!

Not sure if my response should be in a spoiler tag but I will any way

Who do you think Rick shot on the last page? I think it was the wife with the cut throat.

Yeah I agree with that...the last page is what I am looking forward to!

Not sure if my response should be in a spoiler tag but I will any way

hehe, you know I'm in full agreement. Thinking of going back and snatching up like ten copies of # 77.

I thought it was Pete. Right to the head! Bam!

I thought Douglas gave him the approval to kill Pete after Regina was killed by him. In panel just before Douglas said "Rick", Rick's words seemed to be similar to the "Davidson" conversation he and Douglas had before. Douglas realized it needed to be done, and that Pete was the real problem.

I thought Douglas gave him the approval to kill Pete after Regina was killed by him. In panel just before Douglas said "Rick", Rick's words seemed to be similar to the "Davidson" conversation he and Douglas had before. Douglas realized it needed to be done, and that Pete was the real problem.

Shame on those of you not caught up.

I thought that maybe for it to be too obvious to be Pete. I don't think that the drama between Pete and Rick is quite over. I don't think they'd kill Pete for accidentally hurting someone even if it was while he was trying to intentionally hurt Rick. I see Pete being exiled next issue only to meet up with Alex's crew. Regina makes much more sense, if she's about to die anyway go ahead and put a bullet in her before she becomes a zombie.

I thought that maybe for it to be too obvious to be Pete. I don't think that the drama between Pete and Rick is quite over. I don't think they'd kill Pete for accidentally hurting someone even if it was while he was trying to intentionally hurt Rick. I see Pete being exiled next issue only to meet up with Alex's crew. Regina makes much more sense, if she's about to die anyway go ahead and put a bullet in her before she becomes a zombie.

I hope it is Pete because he was the only one that deserved the bullet. Shooting ANYONE else just doesn't make sense. They wouldn't have made so much noise for Regina. Just stick a knife in her dome and be done with it. Besides, blowing up her head seems kinda drastic (I know Andrea did that to her sis early on but they were much more scared and had a lot less understanding back then).

I hope it is Pete because he was the only one that deserved the bullet. Shooting ANYONE else just doesn't make sense. They wouldn't have made so much noise for Regina. Just stick a knife in her dome and be done with it. Besides, blowing up her head seems kinda drastic (I know Andrea did that to her sis early on but they were much more scared and had a lot less understanding back then).

"Well, I'll do everything humanly possible. Unfortunately, we barbers aren't gods. You know, medicine is not an exact science, but we are learning all the time. Why, just fifty years ago, they thought a disease like your daughter's was caused by demonic possession or witchcraft. But nowadays we know that Isabelle is suffering from an imbalance of bodily humors, perhaps caused by a toad or a small dwarf living in her stomach."

hehehe

and

I could go either way, but for Regina to get a knife to the throat only serves as a plot device to kill Pete then it seems like that confrontation was a little built up for nothing. Seems definitely possible to go either way though. I guess my theory just makes sense because it gives Douglas vs. Alex a parrallel in the upcoming conflict if you pair Rick vs. Pete.

Edited by comicalgems

I think I am going to buy like ten copies of the next issue because

If that was DAVIDSON!!! on the last page, then that mofo is about to wreak some havoc in his 1st FULL appearance. BOO-YA!!!

1st it was the picks in the speculation thread, then it was who did Rick shoot. I'm not trying to attack you personally. Honest. :foryou:

Not to ruin another theory but...

I see you said FULL appearance. Yup, he was only on 1 pg in 75 and 1 pg in 76, but he was only on 1 pg in 77.

1st appearance is 75. Let's not make this a Wolverine or MJ thing. lol

I'm still not convinced Douglas isn't Davidson. Based on the conversation Abraham had with that other construction guy. Plus, how characters have talked about how Douglas likes young woman, and Douglas then talked about the kindof rape Davidson did. I think it was obvious.

I think the conversation between Douglas and Rick is going to be revealed to mean Douglas left that personality outside the gate to die. And Kirkman wrote it because he was having 2nd thoughts about his writing, thinking the Davidson mystery was too obvious. 2c

I think I am going to buy like ten copies of the next issue because

If that was DAVIDSON!!! on the last page, then that mofo is about to wreak some havoc in his 1st FULL appearance. BOO-YA!!!

1st it was the picks in the speculation thread, then it was who did Rick shoot. I'm not trying to attack you personally. Honest. :foryou:

Not to ruin another theory but...

I see you said FULL appearance. Yup, he was only on 1 pg in 75 and 1 pg in 76, but he was only on 1 pg in 77.

1st appearance is 75. Let's not make this a Wolverine or MJ thing. lol

I'm still not convinced Douglas isn't Davidson. Based on the conversation Abraham had with that other construction guy. Plus, how characters have talked about how Douglas likes young woman, and Douglas then talked about the kindof rape Davidson did. I think it was obvious.

I think the conversation between Douglas and Rick is going to be revealed to mean Douglas left that personality outside the gate to die. And Kirkman wrote it because he was having 2nd thoughts about his writing, thinking the Davidson mystery was too obvious. 2c

I'm cool if you're cool :headbang:

AND

It would totally turn into a Wolvie/MJ Thing IF the character ends up being who we think it is...but if it ends up that Douglas is lying and that he's the one going around taking advantage of his position for sex then I'm thinking it was kind of odd for A.D. and the gang to throw someone to the zombies in order to get out of that store. That doesn't seem like the act of someone on a noble mission. Oh and if it doesn't turn out to be a Wolvie/MJ thing then you guys should probably act quickly and see if Doug will sell you his signed variant. ;-)