• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

So my LCS has a WD #1 for $295. I only got a quick glance and it looks like a solid 9.6 maybe a shot at 9.8. I plan on going to Wondercon in a few weeks. Should I pick it up now and get it SS or should I risk looking for one at the con?

thanks. that was great. now i just need the print runs of #'s 50, 75, 78 (lbcc), 80 (ar. comiccon), & 81 variants, plus the 2nd prints of 2, 7, 8, 33, 34, & 50

50 and 75 are on there. 75 had around 28K sold.

So my LCS has a WD #1 for $295. I only got a quick glance and it looks like a solid 9.6 maybe a shot at 9.8. I plan on going to Wondercon in a few weeks. Should I pick it up now and get it SS or should I risk looking for one at the con?

That's a no-brainer if you can get it SS. Even if it grades lower you'll get your money back with a Kirkman sig, so it's well worth the risk. 2c

That's a no-brainer if you can get it SS. Even if it grades lower you'll get your money back with a Kirkman sig, so it's well worth the risk. 2c

not to mention a 9.6 just sold on ebay today for over $500. not a bad deal at all for $295 if its nice.

thanks. that was great. now i just need the print runs of #'s 50, 75, 78 (lbcc), 80 (ar. comiccon), & 81 variants, plus the 2nd prints of 2, 7, 8, 33, 34, & 50

50 and 75 are on there. 75 had around 28K sold.

Whoops. Meant the variant covers. Did find the walking dead firsts issue of walking dead.

Is #82 the first time they've called them "zombies" in the book? Because it's the first time I remember seeing it.

Not sure if it happens earlier, but just tonight I was rereading issue 15 and Rick refers to Chris and Julie as zombies when lying and saying they both shot each other and came back to life even though they weren't bitten.

Edited by umyeahwhatevers

Is #82 the first time they've called them "zombies" in the book? Because it's the first time I remember seeing it.

Not sure if it happens earlier, but just tonight I was rereading issue 15 and Rick refers to Chris and Julie as zombies when lying and saying they both shot each other and came back to life even though they weren't bitten.

I don't recall that scene. In any case, the word's been used pretty infrequently in the last 60+ issues, and seeing it instead of the usual names for them kind of took me out of the story for a second.

Just finished reading WD 61-78

Been a while since I've read any WD and I'd sort of drifted away from it but these issues have really been some of the best of the run - hope they adapt them to the TV show eventually.