• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

As long as Rick doesnt die. I am fine. I really think this whole comic revolves around him. If ever they do kill him off I hope it ends there and they can start fresh with another volume and they can start with another character that is alive and base the book on him/her.

+1 I agree. Just like the Jack character from LOST. (thumbs u

I really thought that Rick would die eventually and then Carl would take his place. Would've been cool seeing because he is young and that he would adapt better to this world. I like where the book is heading but without Rick or Carl as the main protagonist I dont see it being as appealing to readers. That's just my 2c I will now go to my usual pub and drink myself blind and hope Monday doesnt come soon..

Me too.

Just read #83...if #84 and #85 don't go they way I want them to, I may have to give up on this series. Too damn dark and depressing some times. Wow

:wishluck:

I think I might be the opposite... I like that it's dark, unpredictable, and characters die. (shrug)

I thought _______ was safe. Still thought he was safe after reading #83, believing he'll survive. But you know, now I hope ______ doesn't survive.

I can see the appeal. I just have two little boys and I can't help but put myself in Rick's shoes and my boys in Carl's. After reading issue #83 at 10:30 last night it hit a little too close to home and I thought about it for an hour.

And judging from the cover on issue #85, I wouldn't be surprised if Carl doesn't make it.

MAR110603.jpg

Edited by AGGIEZ

Just read #83...if #84 and #85 don't go they way I want them to, I may have to give up on this series. Too damn dark and depressing some times. Wow

:wishluck:

I think I might be the opposite... I like that it's dark, unpredictable, and characters die. (shrug)

I thought _______ was safe. Still thought he was safe after reading #83, believing he'll survive. But you know, now I hope ______ doesn't survive.

I can see the appeal. I just have two little boys and I can't help but put myself in Rick's shoes and my boys in Carl's. After reading issue #83 at 10:30 last night it hit a little too close to home and I thought about it for an hour.

And judging from the cover on issue #85, I wouldn't be surprised if Carl doesn't make it.

MAR110603.jpg

Just heard that #85 is black polybagged with a trading card inside, some apparently signed by Stan Lee!!!

:jokealert:

Well I got back from the Cincy convention and I will have to post what all I picked up. Got 9 prints from Tony Moore, also picked up from a Mark Kidwell some zombie comics called '68 from Image Comics. Looks like a pretty cool storyline and I picked up a sharp looking print form him also.

Finally looking over the copy of Walking Dead #1 CGC 9.6 that I received this week I am unsure if it has been tampered with or not. I don't own many graded books yet, but for this one the left and right sides are not sealed all the way. you can somewhat separate them. The 4 corners do seemed to be sealed and the comic itself looks sealed in the inside case but I am concerned with how this is a somewhat expensive comic.

Is it common for CGC graded material to not be all the way sealed on the sides?

Well I got back from the Cincy convention and I will have to post what all I picked up. Got 9 prints from Tony Moore, also picked up from a Mark Kidwell some zombie comics called '68 from Image Comics. Looks like a pretty cool storyline and I picked up a sharp looking print form him also.

Finally looking over the copy of Walking Dead #1 CGC 9.6 that I received this week I am unsure if it has been tampered with or not. I don't own many graded books yet, but for this one the left and right sides are not sealed all the way. you can somewhat separate them. The 4 corners do seemed to be sealed and the comic itself looks sealed in the inside case but I am concerned with how this is a somewhat expensive comic.

It shouldn't be. I have one slab like this as well, the rest of mine are sealed.

From looking over past threads about tampered cases I think I am ok, the 4 corners and posts are intact and there isn't anyway to get the comic out without breaking those.

Once my wife gets home from work I hope to get some pics of what I picked up today and will be posting them. Really like this '68 Comic book about zombies in Vietnam. :)

Also the two people from the Walking Dead TV series that were signing at this small event were Addy Miller the little zombie girl Rick first runs into, and the wife of Morgan Keisha Tillis who is pretty hot in person.

Edited by brendanb438

The sides of a CGC holder often have a bit of "give". As long as the 4 corner posts are intact, there is nothing to worry about.

Picture time.

First up my new issue #1 and my #75 signed by Kirkman.

photo2gvc.jpg

Next up is a signed print for the new (Well somewhat new had a one shot in 06 but has new issues out this week) zombie Vietnam book '68 from Mark Kidwell. Mark was a really nice guy to talk to.

photo3mm.jpg

One of the 10 prints I picked up from Tony Moore and his wife. Tony wasn't talkative at all but his wife seemed friendly. Got the first 6 cover prints for $50 and picked out 2 from the trade paperbacks, one with a Godfather zombie type feel for it and then this one.

photo4kz.jpg

A piece of original Walking Dead art that I need to get framed.

photo5ny.jpg

Signed pictures from the two Walking Dead guests at the show. $10 a piece, felt bad for the two actresses because no one was really there and no one was showing interest in getting an autograph.

photo6mu.jpg

Finally a matted print from artist Billy Tackett. Never heard of him before but his artwork was pretty cool and thought this would be a fun one to own.

photo7ua.jpg