• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Wow. I might have been interested in the Carl page from 83 but that is about it. Personally, I have found the art to be getting progressively weaker. The only reason I buy TWD pages is for the story. There are almost no aesthetically pleasing pages since Charlie took over. IMO

I was wondering why they haven't updated Splash Page Art for Walking Dead because there are some pages I was interested in buying at the time. So I emailed them and got this response.

Hi Domiku,

Nice to hear from you. I'm afraid that we sold Issues 80-84 complete to someone. That is why we have not added any new art from them. We will have pages from issue 85 so keep checking back. If there is anything else you might be interested in, please let me know. Thanks

Mark Hay

Splash Page Comic Art

Dude must've been loaded..

When they arrive I'll post some picks. It was time for me to buy some WD original art.

They gave me a pretty good deal since I bought in bulk. I also didn't know about Carl when the deal was made. Just knew it was the story arc and something big was going to happen.

Can't wait to see the Carl Splash page framed. :cloud9:

:roflmao::jokealert::roflmao:

showed up on my doorstep this afternoon....

th_wd1.jpg

What is that? Looks like a foreign version.

it is, it is from argentina. got 2 full sets from 1-9 (contains 1-18 of the american series) no ads, just all story. have the sets in my sales thread. send me a pm if you want one...see if we can work something out.

limited to 1000 copies, the first issue has sold out in south america, i was lucky in getting 3 full sets from a dealer/editor i work with in argentina (working out a deal to get my books released in spanish in south america).

So what's the fascination with foreign editions of TWD? There have been foreign editions of US comics for decades and no one has ever cared about them in the least. Why now?

So what's the fascination with foreign editions of TWD? There have been foreign editions of US comics for decades and no one has ever cared about them in the least. Why now?

it's a very hot title and very limited supply. i think people like them so much is because they aren't in english. it's not just the price in the corner that is different with the pence marvels. it's a different language. i was lucky to come upon the full run and i bought all that i could, not to make massive amounts of money, but to get some for other collects so they arent paying a large premium to have them.

I figure die hard completists to the title they focus on, which is A-OK with me. I know I look for all kinds of oddball variants(and other books written by Joe) myself with my focus. Right now, I found Keyhouse's actual 1st appearance(Joe considers it one of L&K's characters) in a comic(not in a preview), I plan on grading soon. I find this kind of behavior keeps you loyal to your title, by letting you breathe a little by looking elsewhere. Basically, it helps you build better runs.

I figure die hard completists to the title they focus on, which is A-OK with me. I know I look for all kinds of oddball variants(and other books written by Joe) myself with my focus. Right now, I found Keyhouse's actual 1st appearance(Joe considers it one of L&K's characters) in a comic(not in a preview), I plan on grading soon. I find this kind of behavior keeps you loyal to your title, by letting you breathe a little by looking elsewhere. Basically, it helps you build better runs.

This, and also there are some people who specifically collect foreign editions. For example, I would personally prefer the Serbian Walking Dead #1 over the American one, simply because it's more of an accomplishment to find. Also, it's SO cool owning all the editions and just looking at them :cloud9:

You had me fooled there for a sec. (tsk)

I got at least one person though.

Per PM message:

Just wondering, would you happen to be selling any of the issue 81? The only reason I ask is because I have a set of the 81 regular and 81 variant 9.8's and I was looking to frame a page with them. If not I understand, just thought I would ask. Or if you ever do I would really appreciate a heads up.

Thanks,

I'll keep the name off, so I don't embarass anyone. ;)

I cared about the Serbian's because at the time Walking Dead variants were unique. The only variants were #50 and the black vs. white warning #1. So it was cool.

Now, there are so many fricken WD variants, I've given up collecting everything. The novelty of the foreign books and variants in general have worn off for me. 2c

i agree with jerel's statement. the completionists will grab them and keep them. i picked up the spanish books because i had a small window to get all of them at once and it was a small quanitity.

they don't hold the same allure as the serbs since there aren't different covers, but they are still cool though. also being the same size makes it more appealing to me unlike the serbs since they were much smaller than the originals.

the publishers in argentina really made sure they used high quality paper as well, which is what i found lacking with the serbs, the spanish versions are on better quality paper than the newsprint type paper the serbs used.

there's not that many of the spanish books and when i tracked someone down who had 3 sets, plus a license to ship outside of argentina (yeah, national law down there. you have to have a sellers license and an exporters license to ship out of the country) plus she gave me a reasonable price on them i took it. i originally ordered 15 sets but she only had 3 left so i took what she had. 1 set to keep and 2 to sell.