• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

I cared about the Serbian's because at the time Walking Dead variants were unique. The only variants were #50 and the black vs. white warning #1. So it was cool.

I assume then that you know about the #2, 7, 8, 33 and 34 2nd prints as well as the error version of 35 and don't consider them variants.....

I cared about the Serbian's because at the time Walking Dead variants were unique. The only variants were #50 and the black vs. white warning #1. So it was cool.

I assume then that you know about the #2, 7, 8, 33 and 34 2nd prints as well as the error version of 35 and don't consider them variants.....

Yeah, I knew about them. When I think of the word variant, I don't think of 2nd prints. (shrug)

I think of a book coming out at the same time as the 1st print with a different cover, or a foreign version. That's just me.

to me, the 50 2nd print is a variant because it has a different cover. the straight reprints i wouldn't consider because there is nothing different except for second printing inside.

I'll always think of a 2nd print as a 2nd print. I guess I'm programed to use the terminalogy that way. :insane:

However, when the cover changes I do think it's more desirable as a collectable.

Yeah, I knew about them. When I think of the word variant, I don't think of 2nd prints. (shrug)

I think of a book coming out at the same time as the 1st print with a different cover, or a foreign version. That's just me.

Cool, thanks for the feedback everyone. I just like hearing about what and why people collect what they collect.

One last question for anyone that cares to play along.

Do any of you all have the #2, 7, 8, 33 and 34 2nd prints? FWIW, I consider them a kind of variant so I have them.

Cool, thanks for the feedback everyone. I just like hearing about what and why people collect what they collect.

Do any of you all have the #2, 7, 8, 33 and 34 2nd prints? FWIW, I consider them a kind of variant so I have them.

For me with my focus(L&K), I hated 2nd prints at first. But, learned to appreciate them more when Joe and Gabe altered the DF, HC, TPB, $1 and Special Edition's story panels, leaving the 1st and 2nd prints unaffected. It makes them a little more interesting now, when people read the trades that are different then the 2nd prints even. I have the only L&K error copy too. I had to rip another black hole in the universe to find one(only 65 miles away and for $4 in 9.8 condition :acclaim: ).

If I was collecting graded Walking Deads, I would collect the 2nd prints and error copies too. :)

:gossip: But not the trades graded.

I have doubles of everything. Every issue, 2nd print, variant, WD related, serbian, etc.

# 79 is also the next issue after the most recent trade. Most recent trade should have covered issues 73 74 75 76 77 78....so anyone reading trades (I suspect some TV show enthusiasts have started doing so), the next jumping on point would be issue 79. Lucky for me I started buying five copies of everything around issue 70.

Robert kirkman just tweeted a picture of WD #85's variant. Looks nice, but why so many freaking variants? Seriously. #'s 75, 78, 80, 81, & 85 have variants. #85 technically has 2! Also, WD Weekly #1 had a variant too! Should have been just #50, 78 (tv show & halloween going on), and 100. Starting to get very marvel-like. One of the things i liked was the SMALL number of variant covers. Undersaturate the market; not the other way around.

Edited by Hawkman

In case you dont go into the OA threads...Just pick these guys up tonight...very happy with the out come and they are going to look great hanging up!! :cloud9::cloud9:

Tony Moore

2qusyl1.jpg

148hk40.jpg

I have to thank a couple board members for the help getting this idea done

gaz2810i (UK gary) for not only getting me Charlie Adlard sketches but also for getting my Issue #55 signed and sketched by Adlard. and to Billy the Kidd (Bill) for working on my commission idea to make the whole idea come together.

34zj2oi.jpg

ipa0rm.jpg

mr2w5g.jpg