• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

On a side note, you guys gotta check out The Horde on netflix or DVD. French zombies!

Long time no see my man. :hi:

+1

:hi:

What up, homies?! (thumbs u

Edited by FIREFLY

On a side note, you guys gotta check out The Horde on netflix or DVD. French zombies!

+1

What you been up to Julio?

+1

What you been up to Julio?

Working like crazy, brother. Been trying to read some books and totally left TWD behind so I have so much to catch up on. Once in awhile I check the boards to look at the spoilers guys leave. :applause: Kind of gives me an idea of what's going on in the zombie world of TWD. Love seeing the back and forth posts. :popcorn:

Robert kirkman just tweeted a picture of WD #85's variant. Looks nice, but why so many freaking variants? Seriously. #'s 75, 78, 80, 81, & 85 have variants. #85 technically has 2! Also, WD Weekly #1 had a variant too! Should have been just #50, 78 (tv show & halloween going on), and 100. Starting to get very marvel-like. One of the things i liked was the SMALL number of variant covers. Undersaturate the market; not the other way around.

+1

This title is about to get dropped from my monthly list. I abhor putting out variants purely just for the sake of it, and it sucks that Walking Dead is succumbing to this.

Surprised as of lately what ungraded copies of Walking Dead are selling for on eBay. A #2 just went for $172.

Feels like I stole the CGC 9.4 #2 that I got for $97 with free shipping last month. Got 7% total cashback on it and the seller threw in copies of the first 3 TPs which I turned around and sold for about $15. About $75 total paid for my copy..

My 9.6 #1 for $361 before 7% cashback and paid via $15 eBay gift cards bought off Groupon at $6.60 each roughy was pretty sexy too. A 9.6 1st printing of #1 for about $133 after it was all said and done some good and the snag of the year.

:)

Looking for 9.6 ot 9.8 universal copies of issues 3,4 and 5 at the moment if anyone is selling.

Robert kirkman just tweeted a picture of WD #85's variant. Looks nice, but why so many freaking variants? Seriously. #'s 75, 78, 80, 81, & 85 have variants. #85 technically has 2! Also, WD Weekly #1 had a variant too! Should have been just #50, 78 (tv show & halloween going on), and 100. Starting to get very marvel-like. One of the things i liked was the SMALL number of variant covers. Undersaturate the market; not the other way around.

+1

This title is about to get dropped from my monthly list. I abhor putting out variants purely just for the sake of it, and it sucks that Walking Dead is succumbing to this.

Agreed. One of the things I really enjoyed about the series was the lack of variants. Seem this is no longer the case and it's annoying.

Surprised as of lately what ungraded copies of Walking Dead are selling for on eBay. A #2 just went for $172.

Feels like I stole the CGC 9.4 #2 that I got for $97 with free shipping last month. Got 7% total cashback on it and the seller threw in copies of the first 3 TPs which I turned around and sold for about $15. About $75 total paid for my copy..

My 9.6 #1 for $361 before 7% cashback and paid via $15 eBay gift cards bought off Groupon at $6.60 each roughy was pretty sexy too. A 9.6 1st printing of #1 for about $133 after it was all said and done some good and the snag of the year.

:)

Looking for 9.6 ot 9.8 universal copies of issues 3,4 and 5 at the moment if anyone is selling.

You mean looking for 9.4's ;)

No one is going to quit reading the series because of variants...

fun to say, but never happens. Just buy the regular issue and leave the variants to those that want to spend the money.

For every 1 person that leaves the series, 2 more will probably take their place. Hard to stop a freight train by laying on the tracks...

No one is going to quit reading the series because of variants...

fun to say, but never happens. Just buy the regular issue and leave the variants to those that want to spend the money.

For every 1 person that leaves the series, 2 more will probably take their place. Hard to stop a freight train by laying on the tracks...

i will speak for t.j., because i can, but he might be saying that he would just go to trades instead of the monthly book.

that is what i took from it.

and yes there are people who will put principal before popularity, not many but there are some. and this does feel like a "everybody get in on the money grab due to the popularity of the wd". otherwise it would be published by avatar or dynamite

i will speak for t.j., because i can

Dammit, Jay, I had this long, sarcastic response I was going to give and you ruined it.

But yeah, you pretty much got it.

+1

Agreed. One of the things I really enjoyed about the series was the lack of variants. Seem this is no longer the case and it's annoying.

I feel you TWD guy's pain, with these. The L&K variants(although G-Rod's art on them are :banana: ), made me very uneasy as a collector to build a complete graded set. I feel variants should milestone issues only, where people are gonna want to actually purchase them in multiples. Not a variant for every random issue. I feel like everytime I get one joe_collector is acting like Nelson from The Simpsons, going "HA-HA!" Basically, I know what I am doing, but my collecting OCD won't let me heed the warnings of the boardies who were burned in the 90's from the over-saturation of chase covers. doh!