• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

That auction should be interesting. Although, something about the bidding seems a bit fishy to me. Could be wrong, but that's a seriously large leap in one day hm

...The seller is a board member,and I can assure you there is nothing fishy about the aution,... (tsk)

Good to know. Wasn't trying to rub anyone wrong, just noticed bidders with low feedback plugging away. At $700 plus, that's a bid odd for a blue label. Hope the seller doesn't fall victim to bidders remorse. Nothing worse than jerks who bid items up and don't follow through.

I'm new to the Walking Dead.

What is the significance of Walking Dead #91 - The Final Page?

As for the art, is there a difference between Charlie Adlard's art and Tony Moore's as far as collectibility as well as fandom?

It seems it could be a mixed opinion, where Tony Moore is the creator or 1st artist, right? Charlie Adlard has had the longest and current run and whose style is most familiar to fans, right?

I saw Splash Page Art had quite a bit of original art from the series, a lot to choose from. I guess with nearly 100 issues and 20+ pages per book, there's nearly 2,000 pages to choose from out there... where to start! ???

I see someone snagged the original art for the final page of #91 for $400 from Splash Page Art in the past couple days. I almost pulled the trigger on it myself and when I went back today it was tagged as sold.

The guy who bought it is a , I can tell you that much already... :sumo:

And thank God its on AMC or else if it were HBO we would be suffering with a whole love story between Glenn and Maggie , and there sex life.

Uhhh...and that would be bad because...? (shrug)

Maggie :luhv:

Count me in the camp who likes the TV show, but who doesn't think it holds a candle to the first 48 issues of the comic.

That auction should be interesting. Although, something about the bidding seems a bit fishy to me. Could be wrong, but that's a seriously large leap in one day hm

...The seller is a board member,and I can assure you there is nothing fishy about the aution,... (tsk)

Good to know. Wasn't trying to rub anyone wrong, just noticed bidders with low feedback plugging away. At $700 plus, that's a bid odd for a blue label. Hope the seller doesn't fall victim to bidders remorse. Nothing worse than jerks who bid items up and don't follow through.

Universal 9.8's have sold for that before. Kudos to the seller for listing it as an auction.

And thank God its on AMC or else if it were HBO we would be suffering with a whole love story between Glenn and Maggie , and there sex life.

Count me in the camp who likes the TV show, but who doesn't think it holds a candle to the first 48 issues of the comic.

...I think my boss said it best the other day,..."let's make a show about zombies,...and NOT show any zombies,....WTF??",....

...last night's show was more like the Young and the Restless, than the Walking Dead,...

There isn't any significance...yet. More or less, it's a speculative buy in the hopes that whoever this mystery person is becomes a new major character.

...I think my boss said it best the other day,..."let's make a show about zombies,...and NOT show any zombies,....WTF??",....

...last night's show was more like the Young and the Restless, than the Walking Dead,...

But it's never been about the zombies. It's always been about how we react when the world goes to *spoon*. The zombies have always been like bears, mountain lions, wolves, etc were to our ancestors. Something dangerous to be accounted for but not as dangerous as a psycho non-zombie.

Thanks! I was just wondering, since I did think I saw that page on the website and it mentioned a first appearance, but it didn't look like a remarkable piece and I've not gotten to that issue or storyline to read yet.

I notice there's not a whole lot of pages with action/zombie scenes, but there's a lot of great pages of interaction between the characters.

This is a case where I think if the original art contained the dialogue (even as paste ups) it would make the artwork even more meaningful, aesthetic and it's a case where the definition of art is much like in music, the lyrics (writing) is as equally if not more important than the beats (artwork).

There isn't any significance...yet. More or less, it's a speculative buy in the hopes that whoever this mystery person is becomes a new major character.

But it's never been about the zombies. It's always been about how we react when the world goes to *spoon*. The zombies have always been like bears, mountain lions, wolves, etc were to our ancestors. Something dangerous to be accounted for but not as dangerous as a psycho non-zombie.

Frankly, it's been the downfall of most parts of the Zombie Genre that they try to include too much "hot Zombie action" in their stories and it destroys the narrative.

Too many Zombies, too much action, lessens the overall impact of the danger they are in, of the choices they have had to make, of the changes they are going through as a result of the ordeal they are in.

One of the most effective "end of the world" films made was "The Day After". They didn't need to have the main characters be continuously nuked every 10 minutes to keep the story going. The event occurred and everyone had to adapt to the world, post event. In that adaptation to a stark, cold and terrifying world you got some wonderful dramatic storytelling.

If you are beat over the head with Zombie attacking them 24/7 every episode the Zombies themselves lose their edge, their impact.

By having the attacks and appearances happen sporadically you lull the audience into a false sense of security and when an attack does happen people are shocked and terrified all over again. It's amazingly effective and is a drastic improvement over other films in the genre that trade solid storytelling and character development for displays of how good they are at makeup and special effects.

Let's just say that this mystery person is a new, major character. I wouldn't even consider it a first appearance. He or she doesn't appear anywhere.

Well I suck at picking out books for sigs. Out of around 17 copies of WD #19 that I picked up since joining the forum (including returning 7 of them as not NM as advertised on eBay) the 3 I had signed by Moore and subbed came back 9.6,9.4,9.2. F me. Should have just cracked and resubbed the 2 9.8s I also have.

My #1 and #2 came back the same grades but signed. The Argentina editions came back #1 9.6, #2 9.8, #10 9.4 (I actually expected worse due to some obvious damage on back cover).

The only highlight of the sub was a blank Image United which I had Mark Kidwell (68' Image Comics) sketch a really sweet zombie on come back 9.8.

EDIT: Maybe I will still recoup my money on the 19s, I see a Universal 9.6 just went off at $130 and I see Branget's 9.4 Universal already up to $61 with 6 days still to go.

Edited by brendanb438

Well I disagree. I finished the first 48 issues and I still have to say the show is better than the book( except for yesterdays episode which was average at best) .the comic basically keeps going forward with this apocolyptic new world withno turning back. The show (at least last season) showed a little hope that things could go back to normal (if the cdc would have succeded). Much better scenario for me at least. Now I hope the show has episodes where we can finally see what happened with Merle and Morgan and his kid. I also want to see what happened to government officials like the President and so forth.But more so Im really hoping for prequels. I want to see how some major cities were overruned, how the military and police couldnt stop them. How Jenners wife came close to a cure and then became a walker. Stuff like that

Well I disagree. I finished the first 48 issues and I still have to say the show is better than the book( except for yesterdays episode which was average at best) .the comic basically keeps going forward with this apocolyptic new world withno turning back. The show (at least last season) showed a little hope that things could go back to normal (if the cdc would have succeded). Much better scenario for me at least. Now I hope the show has episodes where we can finally see what happened with Merle and Morgan and his kid. I also want to see what happened to government officials like the President and so forth.But more so Im really hoping for prequels. I want to see how some major cities were overruned, how the military and police couldnt stop them. How Jenners wife came close to a cure and then became a walker. Stuff like that

Maggie is cute in some sort of campy way.

I think you might be one of the few who enjoys the show way more than the comics. I am in the group that enjoys them both, and still think it is way too early to say the TV shows storylines are more enjoyable than the comics. Maybe by the end of this season I will be agreeing with you but as of now I just can't.

I really do hope they tie Morgan and his son back into the storyline in the show. I enjoyed Lennie James a bunch when he was Robert Hawkins in the show Jericho and really want to see more of him as Morgan.

EDIT: So I wanna spend around $150 on another piece of Walking Dead original art from Splash Page Art. Out of what they have up for sale any suggestions on a particular page for me to pickup?

Edited by brendanb438

Well I suck at picking out books for sigs. Out of around 17 copies of WD #19 that I picked up since joining the forum (including returning 7 of them as not NM as advertised on eBay) the 3 I had signed by Moore and subbed came back 9.6,9.4,9.2. F me. Should have just cracked and resubbed the 2 9.8s I also have.

My #1 and #2 came back the same grades but signed. The Argentina editions came back #1 9.6, #2 9.8, #10 9.4 (I actually expected worse due to some obvious damage on back cover).

The only highlight of the sub was a blank Image United which I had Mark Kidwell (68' Image Comics) sketch a really sweet zombie on come back 9.8.

EDIT: Maybe I will still recoup my money on the 19s, I see a Universal 9.6 just went off at $130 and I see Branget's 9.4 Universal already up to $61 with 6 days still to go.

Sadly I can totally see them not being 9.8 on eBay. I look at them everyday and you can see the spine stresses or dings in most pictures. I think most of the sellers if not all are very up front about the grades though...

Sadly I can totally see them not being 9.8 on eBay. I look at them everyday and you can see the spine stresses or dings in most pictures. I think most of the sellers if not all are very up front about the grades though...

Yeah I am pretty much done buying raw off eBay. Either overgraded or poorly shipped damaging them. The 2 most beautiful copies of #19 I landed on eBay got damaged due to poor shipping and I had to ship them back. They had zero dings, spine stresses, marks on the covers but the bottom left corner was taken out in shipping.

Yeah I am pretty much done buying raw off eBay. Either overgraded or poorly shipped damaging them. The 2 most beautiful copies of #19 I landed on eBay got damaged due to poor shipping and I had to ship them back. They had zero dings, spine stresses, marks on the covers but the bottom left corner was taken out in shipping.

I just got another 2 9.8's. hm

Who is this Branget guy you speak of? (shrug)

Go Pats!!!

But more so Im really hoping for prequels. I want to see how some major cities were overruned, how the military and police couldnt stop them. How Jenners wife came close to a cure and then became a walker. Stuff like that

And if the show takes its cues from the comic, you'll never get any of that.

I just got another 2 9.8's. hm

Who is this Branget guy you speak of? (shrug)

Go Pats!!!

:headbang: