• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

Why does a character have to die? How about we get a great storyline about them realizing other communities are building. Humanity rebuilding is a much more interesting story than characters dying for momentary shock. I don't see any reason why the main characters can't last the rest of the series and we see them adjust and rebuild in this new world.

You should really just speak up. ;)

What was your snipe bid? I may have another copy. ;)

I was gonna snipe it with the intentions of spending about $100 shipped. Not sure if the market has just fallen out completely on those Serbian issues though. Checking some other eBay sales seems like they are starting to drop off including the #1s and #2s.

lol

Nice try ;)

#1 and 2 are still at a premium. If I have another copy I can match the eBay sale price.

Ah shiat, I didn't mean they have dropped off completely. I mean they seem to be going down in price. I have been talking with vlad_spud on eBay who is from Serbia and he said that they have cooled off quite a bit in the past 6 months from highs.

Is this not really true then, I have no clue what these were really going for before I picked up my issues and have been tracking raw copies this year sold on eBay. Not a lot of them come up for sale but the #2s raw seem to have dropped off.

Now high grades in CGC slabs I have no idea since I have only seen a handful this year on eBay.

If you have another copy I would be interested in the #10, let me know or I may just change my focus completely, sell all my WD stuff and go for a run of YTLM in 9.8s instead. Not sure how I have never been turned onto that series before this week.

:headbang:

Either way let me know. We can work out trades and such if you choose to switch.

I will take the #10 if you have another. I was just joking about unloading my WD collection. Now that I am done with the run other than upgrading here and there I think I will start to pick up some YTLM comics. You have anymore #1s graded by CGC? I see you sold one on eBay not to long ago.

Who should we consider a major character?

To me - only Rick, Carl, Andrea, Glenn, Maggie and Michonne count.

You forgot Abraham

No, I consider him a minor character in Rick's story. Like Sophia, who I also left off my list.

How is Michonne more "major" than Abraham? You might think she is cooler than Abe but she definitely has a smaller role in the story.

You forgot Abraham

No, I consider him a minor character in Rick's story. Like Sophia, who I also left off my list.

It would make sense Carl and Sofia are the major characters of TWD. Because technically this whole book could be about growing up in a zombie holocaust. This might be a 'tween romance title we have been buying into all along. :ohnoez:

But really, it would make sense they are the seeds that will rebuild civilization. This has been thought since a few issues after Sofia was introduced.

With TV, they have different areas they can explore, with multiple actresses playing different characters. I guess they didn't need a Carl triangle, with Sofia and "special" guest star Selena Gomez right now. :shrug:

You forgot Abraham

How is Michonne more "major" than Abraham? You might think she is cooler than Abe but she definitely has a smaller role in the story.

Abraham is a character is Rick's life to replace the void of Tyrese who was there to replace the void in his life after Shane.

Since I find him an interchangeable character in the 'strong right-hand man' role, he will most like be the next one to die.

+1

Abraham is a really cool character but I would NOT be shocked at all if Kirkman killed him off in the near future.

I WOULD be shocked if Rick, Carl, Andrea, Glenn, or Michonne were killed. Maggie too... my jaw was on the floor when I read the last page of issue #55.

Abraham is a really cool character but I would NOT be shocked at all if Kirkman killed him off in the near future.

I WOULD be shocked if Rick, Carl, Andrea, Glenn, or Michonne were killed. Maggie too... my jaw was on the floor when I read the last page of issue #55.

Is 55 the two for one shot?

Abraham is a character is Rick's life to replace the void of Tyrese who was there to replace the void in his life after Shane.

Since I find him an interchangeable character in the 'strong right-hand man' role, he will most like be the next one to die.

They are all interchangeable (except for Carl, I'd argue) However, I think Abraham is more of a major character. He has been fleshed out more than Michonne and and he is more productive to the society than Michonne. He is the glue holding together the community and Rick's crew.

Is 55 the two for one shot?

What is the two for one shot?

This is what happened in 55

AdlardWalkingDead55p22.jpg

Cover (maybe) to #94.

If you haven't seen the cover to #93 or don't know what the next arc's called, maybe you don't want to open the link...

http://www.tfaw.com/Profile/Walking-Dead-94___397893

Four solid covers in a row. Woo hoo!

That is not the final cover art :(

But I wish they would release it