• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Enough of this key talk. What are your anti-keys?

I'll go with 97+ as they have had or will have huge print runs and appear to have nothing to do with the stuff happening in the issue.

But for the earlier stuff:

39 boring cover

40 "

66 "

I don't think Moore did a boring cover :( Maybe 14? and even that's not that bad.

Walking Dead Represents Half Of Diamond Bookstore Sales

Should they be called Diamond Book Distributors? Or Diamond Walking Dead Distributors?

The side of Diamond that deals with the bookstore market rather than the comic store market, distributes publishers such as Image, Dark Horse, IDW, Dynamite, Oni, Archie, Top Shelf and more, as well as plenty of prose novels, and assorted products.

But I understand that, in the wake of two successful TV seasons of The Walking Dead, the collections of the comic book series now make up almost half of the entirety of product distributed by the company. All the trades collecting the series, the omnibuses, the card games, the board games…

There were some who worried about the future of Diamond Comic Distributors over the last few years, especially Diamond Book Distributors, considering the amount of stock they carry.

Well, I’m told in no uncertain terms that The Walking Dead is responsible for that no longer being a worry to anyone….

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/06/25/walking-dead-represents-half-of-diamond-bookstore-sales/

I mean, if that's factual, im totally floored.

I'll go with 97+ as they have had or will have huge print runs and appear to have nothing to do with the stuff happening in the issue.

39 boring cover

40 "

66 "

I don't think Moore did a boring cover :( Maybe 14? and even that's not that bad.

hm

Anti keys you say?

I'll take issue 49 to like 80 and then 85 to 96.

Jerome

39 boring cover

40 "

66 "

I think Moore did plenty of "boring covers" depending on how loose your definition is of the word...

some that come to mind are.. 7, 8, 10, 20, 22, 23.

39 boring cover

40 "

66 "

#3 is the worst moore cover. very bland. very simple.

IIRC, the cover to issue 3 is really just a sketchbook page...original character designs, more or less.

And...the cover to issue 14 is LAME.

how so? i'm curious, as i happen to like that cover.

yeah, 14 isn't so bad.

I was showing my dad the comics (he's a really old school collector) and when I showed him 15, with rick on the bike he said "wow, that's a pretty lame cover". Personally, I love the cover.

taste is subjective...

14 may be a powerful image... but it doesn't strike a "wow" when you look at it.

Edited by Phillip

IIRC, the cover to issue 3 is really just a sketchbook page...original character designs, more or less.

And...the cover to issue 14 is LAME.

how so? i'm curious, as i happen to like that cover.

#3's cover was actually the cover to the original pitch to Image comics.

The story goes that it was drawn on a normal sheet of typing paper. When it came time to do a cover to issue #3 Tony Moore ran out of time. So, they just used this image again.

For those curious about the original pitch, they printed it in the Walking Dead Special Edition #1. (thumbs u

Also, notice the date by Tony's sig on #3's cover. It's dated 02, while both #1 and #2 are dated 03.

The cover for #3 was going to be the cover for #1. That's the cover they pitched to Image with the idea for the book, hence the date. Thankfully, someone at Image had words and we got an awesome cover for #1 and one my all-time favourite covers for #2. Phew.

quick question for you guys. i bought my ticket for the WD escape, listed the book and had some weird bidding on it last night and ended the listing. i made a BIN, but when i search ebay for it, i can't find it, even though it's in my "active selling" area. anyone know why it doesn't come up when i search for it? i've got 3 people watching, so somehow someone found the listing, but i can't no matter what words i type in.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/320933567932?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649#ht_500wt_1413

Edited by Hawkman

Ya know what's crazy is this damn #33 second print is so hard to find in mint condition. I've got 3 and all are banged up. I order a #2 second print and it's a solid 9.8 candidate or higher. I don't get it. (shrug) Don't even get me started on the #35 error variant. Indiana Jones couldn't find that book. :ohnoez:

lol

I think there's some #35's out there that people don't realize is an error copy which may explain the scarcity. There's apparently 500-1000 of them and there's only 200-300 of the #81 and #94 sketch variants, which you see on ebay a lot. I can't explain it.

Ya know what's crazy is this damn #33 second print is so hard to find in mint condition. I've got 3 and all are banged up. I order a #2 second print and it's a solid 9.8 candidate or higher. I don't get it. (shrug) Don't even get me started on the #35 error variant. Indiana Jones couldn't find that book. :ohnoez:

Yea GL with the 35 error issue buddy. If you find two of 'em, lemme know lol

If you contact Branget Enterprises, Inc. he might be able to help you with the 33 2nd print :shrug:

lol

I think there's some #35's out there that people don't realize is an error copy which may explain the scarcity.

This is why we can't find 'em Chad, no one knows if they have one, hehe.

What is the error on #35?

The 2nd to last page is printed twice, IIRC.

Jerome

Edited by jump_ace