• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Now Jerome about 3 weeks ago I saw a error variant on eBay w/ no reserve that had 3 days left. It was 9.6 blue label. I was all over it and then with a day left the seller removed it. Pissed off doesn't describe what I was when that happened. :sorry:

Edited by ChadH

So I have a particular question for some of you WD fanatics. If you could add any issues to your collection what would it be? What key issues would you have to have if you were adding WD books to collection for good. Don't say "All of them". Just what you would keep as "key" books in the series and holding their value for the long haul. :)

SOT is a member here Spidey-On-Tilt. In this thread last week he was going on and on about how WD #2 is his favourite book in the series and that he is more impressed seeing those then he does issue #1. It got a little heated to say the least.

Jim

Glad that conversation stopped :roflmao:

Enough of this key talk. What are your anti-keys?

I'll go with 97+ as they have had or will have huge print runs and appear to have nothing to do with the stuff happening in the issue.

But for the earlier stuff:

39 boring cover

40 "

66 "

I don't think Moore did a boring cover :( Maybe 14? and even that's not that bad.

Like this subject. I like 39 though because of baby being born which is somewhat significant to that arc.

I have several

30, 32, 34, 35, 36, 38, 40, 41

Ya know what's crazy is this damn #33 second print is so hard to find in mint condition. I've got 3 and all are banged up. I order a #2 second print and it's a solid 9.8 candidate or higher. I don't get it. (shrug) Don't even get me started on the #35 error variant. Indiana Jones couldn't find that book. :ohnoez:

DITTO, I finally have a 9.8 Candidate of #33 2nd print, at the very least a 9.6. That took forever to find. I am not big on the error variants. I should be submitting it in a couple of weeks with some other books.

Especially if you aren't even looking for them because you think you are buying a first print. :censored:

That sucks, sorry to hear that. I've never owned a raw WD 2nd print, does it say 2nd print on the inner cover? Hopefully you could get a return on that.

Now Jerome about 3 weeks ago I saw a error variant on eBay w/ no reserve that had 3 days left. It was 9.6 blue label. I was all over it and then with a day left the seller removed it. Pissed off doesn't describe what I was when that happened. :sorry:

Figures :eyeroll: I've only recently started looking for a WD 35 error, maybe a few weeks or so, but all I've seen so far are tumble weeds.

Jerome

2nd print of #2 has a different print date on the cover (i believe feb '04 instead of nov '03)? I could be wrong.

#7 and #8 can only be identified by looking on inside cover which is the issue I had. I got my first ones in a large lot so I wasn't going to complain about them considering I have a 9.8 #19 and 9.8 #27 candidate from that lot. I was just frustrated cause I didn't check them and went out and bought 2nd prints thinking I had the first prints. doh!

A #34 second print has also been a pain to find. I got burned by one on eBay about 2 weeks ago. I always figured the variants would be harder but no way. These are much harder to locate in great shape.

Edited by ChadH

^ Yea the variants are what everyone thinks will turn a profit (not that I can blame them, thats the case 99% of the time) so that is what they sell. 2nd prints are *usually* worth less in the public eye so those don't get much action online I guess.

Jerome

A #34 second print has also been a pain to find. I got burned by one on eBay about 2 weeks ago. I always figured the variants would be harder but no way. These are much harder to locate in great shape.

Picked up a slabbed 9.6 on Ebay on Saturday :whistle:

Jim

I got one from this guy who apparently has 1000 of them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WALKING-DEAD-34-2nd-Printing-Variant-Cover-/190436226047?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2c56e233ff

Edited by HugeRosen

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WALKING-DEAD-34-2nd-Printing-Variant-Cover-/190436226047?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2c56e233ff

I messaged that guy like a month ago asking if he could email me a scan of the front and back of the best copy he has left and he said he couldn't because he is disabled. No way to know if he is really disabled or just lazy, but I suspect the latter.

Jerome

What condition is it in? I saw that weeks ago but shied away from that garbage scan. :sick:

What condition is it in? I saw that weeks ago but shied away from that garbage scan. :sick:

I'm curious as hell to know the condition too.

Jerome

i bought a couple of copies from that dude, they were a bit cheaper last month. Very clean, new copies with a minor spine tick or two. Seem like this book has to at least follow the #33 2nd a little bit although the 33 is obviously a more monumental issue with better cover art.

ROSEN - Condition of the #34 2nd print you got from the guy who has 234259 copies and one horrible point-n-shoot camera?

Also while on the topic of #35...I had HugeRosen pick me up a copy while he was at some out of town LCS, after I got it from him he mentioned how he never actually checked to see if it was the error copy, so of course I did what comes natural, and messed with his brain for a night. We both wanted that error copy badly, and were joking around that the copy he gave me would turn out to be the error and I'd of course give it back to him.

Well I told him the copy he gave me was in fact the error version, I even went as far as finding a picture on the internet and sending it to him pretending I just took that picture as proof I was holding the error he just unknowingly gave me, he was squirming and freaking out, threatening me to give it back after I told him it was mine and I'd sell it back to him at 5x the price, etc., it was glorious. lol

Edited by roastedbagel

BTW the description reads like War and Peace as well... "From Image Comics, in NM condition"

Jim

I will check the condition of mine when I get home but from what I remember it was in good conditon. I had a problem with that guy giving me an update on shipping. It was a week after I ordered and he didn't provide any tracking info. When i asked him for one, he said he couldn't provide one because he is disabled. I wanted to ask what his disability was considering he can type out an eBay listing but can't type a tracking # into his computer, but I let it go.