• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

ROSEN - Condition of the #34 2nd print you got from the guy who has 234259 copies and one horrible point-n-shoot camera?

Also while on the topic of #35...I had HugeRosen pick me up a copy while he was at some out of town LCS, after I got it from him he mentioned how he never actually checked to see if it was the error copy, so of course I did what comes natural, and messed with his brain for a night. We both wanted that error copy badly, and were joking around that the copy he gave me would turn out to be the error and I'd of course give it back to him.

Well I told him the copy he gave me was in fact the error version, I even went as far as finding a picture on the internet and sending it to him pretending I just took that picture as proof I was holding the error he just unknowingly gave me, he was squirming and freaking out, threatening me to give it back after I told him it was mine and I'd sell it back to him at 5x the price, etc., it was glorious. lol

If they had a gun emotocon on here, I would be pointing it at you right now

ROSEN - Condition of the #34 2nd print you got from the guy who has 234259 copies and one horrible point-n-shoot camera?

Also while on the topic of #35...I had HugeRosen pick me up a copy while he was at some out of town LCS, after I got it from him he mentioned how he never actually checked to see if it was the error copy, so of course I did what comes natural, and messed with his brain for a night. We both wanted that error copy badly, and were joking around that the copy he gave me would turn out to be the error and I'd of course give it back to him.

Well I told him the copy he gave me was in fact the error version, I even went as far as finding a picture on the internet and sending it to him pretending I just took that picture as proof I was holding the error he just unknowingly gave me, he was squirming and freaking out, threatening me to give it back after I told him it was mine and I'd sell it back to him at 5x the price, etc., it was glorious. lol

If they had a gun emotocon on here, I would be pointing it at you right now

:slapfight:

Anyway I just scanned through completed listings of that #34 2nd print and it seems like $25 is the high end, then again most of the other auctions I saw for it were F/VF condition and sold around ~$10-20. So, if Rosen says that his book is in nice condition I guess $25 isn't all that bad a deal. (shrug)

He has 63 left so If someone on this board doesn't snatch all those up in one scoop I'll probably buy one so I can continue feeding my addiction.

He has 63 left so If someone on this board doesn't snatch all those up in one scoop I'll probably buy one so I can continue feeding my addiction.

less than 30 left, unless he reloads with another clip of course.

For those keeping score at home (and there really isn't anything to extrapolate from these numbers except perhaps #8 is more common than #7) but here is the census numbers for the five biggest second prints (all are blue labels but the total includes SS copies as well)

Issue

2 3 in 9.8, 4 in 9.6, 3 in 9.2 and 21 total

7 7 in 9.8, 1 in 9.6 and 8 total (No SS)

8 11 in 9.8, 4 in 9.6 and 17 total

33 3 in 9.8, 3 in 9.6 and 1 in 9.4 and 9 total

34 5 in 9.8, 2 in 9.6 and 9 total

Jim

Why is the Walking Dead 33 2nd print so much more popular/expensive than the 1st print? Was the print run super small or what? I couldn't find the numbers on comic chron but I must be doing something wrong or overlooking it. Thanks for the insight/info. I appreciate it.

Ya know what's crazy is this damn #33 second print is so hard to find in mint condition. I've got 3 and all are banged up. I order a #2 second print and it's a solid 9.8 candidate or higher. I don't get it. (shrug) Don't even get me started on the #35 error variant. Indiana Jones couldn't find that book. :ohnoez:

If only someone on the board had one :smirk: ...35 error that is

Edited by grover96

33 is so much more expensive because it's blue and everyone knows blue = $$$

:jokealert:

Blue is not a joking matter. I colored in my white lettering warning WD #1 with a blue marker and it instantly was worth 3 times what a normal #1 WD was worth. I sold it as a one of a kind error on eBay for $2400 at the time. Then I closed the eBay and PayPal account and ran with the money as quickly as I could.

:insane:

A #34 second print has also been a pain to find. I got burned by one on eBay about 2 weeks ago. I always figured the variants would be harder but no way. These are much harder to locate in great shape.

I got one from this guy who apparently has 1000 of them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WALKING-DEAD-34-2nd-Printing-Variant-Cover-/190436226047?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2c56e233ff

What condition is it in? I saw that weeks ago but shied away from that garbage scan. :sick:

I'm curious as hell to know the condition too.

Jerome

Here are some scans of the one I got from that guy. Some corner damage but not too bad. 9.4?

WJI1A.jpg

kK4XD.jpg

There's no numbers out anywhere that I can find. I just know it cost me a lot more than the regular #33 so it better have a much lower print run.

Was Walking Dead 33 (2nd Print) released the same month as issue 34 (January 2007)? If so, it may be that the print run was simply less 2,197 because and that it was not in the top 300 and therefore doesn't appear on comic chron. The number 300 comic I obviously don't know the answer or I wouldn't have asked the question. Is the same true for other second prints (i.e., we don't know the print run)? Anyone know anything they are willing to share? I appreciate it.

Ya know what's crazy is this damn #33 second print is so hard to find in mint condition. I've got 3 and all are banged up. I order a #2 second print and it's a solid 9.8 candidate or higher. I don't get it. (shrug) Don't even get me started on the #35 error variant. Indiana Jones couldn't find that book. :ohnoez:

If only someone on the board had one :smirk: ...35 error that is

hm

If you have one for sale PM me :shrug: :grin:

Jerome