• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Hmmm - Rick lost his hand in issue #28, in 2006, and the cover is signed Adlard '10.

But I guess he could easily have just re-signed the updated version. Seems weird that they would have kept the cover on the stocks for so long without releasing it, but there you go.

It's okay - Just buy something from an earlier issue, you'll get something better story wise and art wise!

...been there and there are still a few nice older pages but i'm thinking #100 will have a few key moments ;)

I tried to scan the last few pages for this answer with no luck, but I'm sure someone here is in the know... are there 2 covers WD 100 for the upcoming SDCC? a regular 100 con cover and an "escape" cover or are they 1 and the same? any details would be useful before I have to sell a small child to afford the "escape" version?

-B diddy

There is a black and white version of Charlie Adlard's REGULAR cover that will be available at SDCC for the first time...this one is directly through Diamond, I believe. The Escape variant is a totally different variant (and a new cover).

I tried to scan the last few pages for this answer with no luck, but I'm sure someone here is in the know... are there 2 covers WD 100 for the upcoming SDCC? a regular 100 con cover and an "escape" cover or are they 1 and the same? any details would be useful before I have to sell a small child to afford the "escape" version?

-B diddy

There is a black and white SDCC version of the Adlard cover. (The one with half of the page blacked out.

And there is a cover for the Escape event. This one features Rick running away from Zombies. I am too lazy to get pictures loaded.

So there are two different SDCC covers.

anyone want to buy a child so I can afford the 666th variant which will contain the blood of actual dead people in the inks? I hear that if you lick the front cover of this variant you will have the dead DNA imbedded ink integrate into your system if its the hidden "real death" variant it can actually transform you into a zombie. Unfortunately if you are wrong it could only get a CGC 6.0 for the saliva stains...

Looks like the OA for 99 - 100 is going to be SDCC only... no chance to get a page for me then :(

/sigh

I guess now I am getting my answer. I offered to buy the OA for the entire book (#100) a couple of months ago in the hopes to keep it intact for quite a long time and I got a Thanks but we don't know how we are going to market it yet...now I know :sorry:

Jim

Looks like the OA for 99 - 100 is going to be SDCC only... no chance to get a page for me then :(

/sigh

I guess now I am getting my answer. I offered to buy the OA for the entire book (#100) a couple of months ago in the hopes to keep it intact for quite a long time and I got a Thanks but we don't know how we are going to market it yet...now I know :sorry:

Jim

Technically still doable

"Splash Page Comic Art at San Diego Comic Con 7-11 to 15, 2012 Booth 4400

Splash Page Comic Art will be setup at the San Diego Comic Con in our row of Booths at #4400 on the left hand side of the hall at the entrance between Hall Lobby E and F in the illustrators area from July 11 to 15, 2012 (in two weeks).

Charlie Adlard Walking Dead 100 Release Book Signing at SDCC

On Preview Night, Wednesday 7-11-12, we will be hosting a Walking Dead Issue 100 release signing with Charlie Adlard from 6pm to 8pm. Charlie will be signing the Walking Dead 100 books that we'll have or sale at the booth, including the SDCC Exclusive Variant book. For this particular signing, no outside material will be signed (other than the required SDCC program) and Charlie will not be sketching.

The original art to Walking Dead Issue 99 & 100 will be available for sale on Thursday, July 12 at our booth 4400 when the San Diego Comic Con opens at 9AM. The first 6 collectors to purchase a minimum of $1000 worth of any of Charlie Adlard's originals will receive a pre-drawn bonus sketch for free. The sketches are bust shots of various Walking Dead characters/zombies on 9 X 11 1/2 pieces of bristol board. The sketches may be chosen on a first come first serve basis."

/sigh

Jim

Technically still doable

Splash Page Comic Art will be setup at the San Diego Comic Con in our row of Booths at #4400 on the left hand side of the hall at the entrance between Hall Lobby E and F in the illustrators area from July 11 to 15, 2012 (in two weeks).

On Preview Night, Wednesday 7-11-12, we will be hosting a Walking Dead Issue 100 release signing with Charlie Adlard from 6pm to 8pm. Charlie will be signing the Walking Dead 100 books that we'll have or sale at the booth, including the SDCC Exclusive Variant book. For this particular signing, no outside material will be signed (other than the required SDCC program) and Charlie will not be sketching.

The original art to Walking Dead Issue 99 & 100 will be available for sale on Thursday, July 12 at our booth 4400 when the San Diego Comic Con opens at 9AM. The first 6 collectors to purchase a minimum of $1000 worth of any of Charlie Adlard's originals will receive a pre-drawn bonus sketch for free. The sketches are bust shots of various Walking Dead characters/zombies on 9 X 11 1/2 pieces of bristol board. The sketches may be chosen on a first come first serve basis."

Except I won't be in SD :sorry:

/sigh

Jim

Technically still doable

Minimum of $1000??? Yeahhh....I'm good on that, thanks Charlie. I think 3 months of my share of the rent would be money better spent. ffs :boo:

/sigh

Jim

Technically still doable

Well - with this said - if they expect at least six people to spend 1K +, the content and quality of the art must be fantastic. If not, I suspect they'll be auctioning off a few pre-drawn bonus sketches. I hope the sketches aren't the same quality as some of the one's I've seen done by him at conventions recently, otherwise there's going to be a lot of insulted fans. One thousand dollars isn't just some number to be thrown around and personally I don't see the incentive.

Edited by Phillip

IMO, this will be the most overhyped, overpriced art you could hope to find. The prices will likely be higher than those for issues 97 and 98, as they try to capitalize on a number...while the art itself is still half-size, and lackluster quality at best.

If you are going to buy any art from WD 100, I sincerely hope you aren't attached to the money being spent, as I seriously doubt you will ever see it again.

Edited by jjeanius