• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Prediction:

Just like so many other recent issues, nothing really happens. Except, this month, we get twice as much nothing, even worse art, and lots of variant covers to chase. Hello, 1993!

Given the steep decline in the quality of the art once the 3-week deadlines kicked in, how bad will it be when there are twice as many pages over that 3-week period?

I see stick figures in our future.

Edited by jjeanius

So what's the best guess for the #100 shocker? I went out and bought the last 8 TPB to catch up. I'll be sitting ocean side reading WD and ExMachina. Simultaneously if I can figure out how.

Last panel - Rick wakes up in his hospital bed and it was all a dream. No issue #101 or onwards, series cancelled.

FAH-Q! :censored::mad:

Or they hold all the key issues until all the filler garbage is sold than they cancel the auction and keep the key issues. What a crock! :slapfight:

Nice way to make $45.00 for a cover price issue!

Edited by campbelljh3

1 comic for $45 and it could be anything from #1-99 most likely something from 65-98 and no way of knowing if anyone received a low number.

Oh my god the guy's a genius! Which is a whole hella've a lot more than I can say for ANYONE who buys into this. ANYTHING FOR A BUCK! (thumbs u

Oh, sorry yall if you thought I turned this in to a sales thread. Was just trying to give the walking dead forum diehard fans a chance since there are only gonna be so few to go around. Really though I only had a few posts and then about 4 times as many rants after that. :makepoint:

Oh, sorry yall if you thought I turned this in to a sales thread. Was just trying to give the walking dead forum diehard fans a chance since there are only gonna be so few to go around. Really though I only had a few posts and then about 4 times as many rants after that. :makepoint:

Are you referring to me with this...?

I am not the seller of that auction, and I posted it because it is a clear eBay policy violation, and a ridiculous listing. Anyone who thinks they will receive anything other than a worthless common issue for their $45 is smoking crack. Even if you bought up every book, you'd be paying $4500+ for a complete run...and he also states in his auction that, while he has 157 books, only 85 are ultimately in the grab bag, so...already an excuse as to why the valuable books will not be distributed. I reported it to eBay as such ("Grab Bag" auctions are strictly verboten).

Edited by jjeanius

There has been something that has bugged me since #48....what if Lori and/or the baby are still alive? That would the ultimate kicker. We never actually saw them dead and buried, everything was happening too fast during the prison battle. People there assumed they were dead, but once the chaos ended they may have found them still alive. I really believe this could happen, especially after Carl got half of his head blown off and lived. If Kirkman could have something that nutty happen, anything goes. Maybe Lori goes by the name Lucille now....maybe.

:)

Great idea! She is alive, but not the same...she has amnesia! Lucille is her new name. Rick will run into her, but she won't recognize him or Carl. She will be a new type of "Walking Dead".

Love it! :-)

Are you referring to me with this...?

I am not the seller of that auction, and I posted it because it is a clear eBay policy violation, and a ridiculous listing. Anyone who thinks they will receive anything other than a worthless common issue for their $45 is smoking crack. Even if you bought up every book, you'd be paying $4500+ for a complete run...and he also states in his auction that, while he has 157 books, only 85 are ultimately in the grab bag, so...already an excuse as to why the valuable books will not be distributed. I reported it to eBay as such ("Grab Bag" auctions are strictly verboten).

Nope I was responding to several pages early on the walking dead post I had telling people to check out my walking dead modern sales form.

I agree with you about this con man selling his 1-99 at $45 a piece

Edited by campbelljh3

Yeah, I thought it was far fetched until Carl got shot (again) and lived (again). Not quite so far fetched after thinking about those. Both of those shootings and Rick getting shot in the gut should have been fatal, but weren't. With those in mind I think Lori could still be alive, the 100 cover notwithstanding. Of course Lori had to be on it or the story would have been outted....yeah I'm a nut...haha!

Oops..! I just went and reported another auction.

I love the fact that you can get a WD book in one auction for $12, but in the other it'll cost you $45.

Nope I was responding to several pages early on the walking dead post I had telling people to check out my walking dead modern sales form.

Personally I have no issue if a seller wants to make other fans aware of something cool to add to their collections...it's when the seller continues to post "3 left", "2 left", "sold out"

I don't need blow by blow details on a sales thread I just need to know the link then leave it at that :sumo:

Ok I am done with my rantrant

Yeah, I think I am gonna report these mofo's as well, it's fraud, plain and simple. I am tempted to message them and ask him to please take pictures of these "1,000+ pre-packaged books" and see how long it takes him to come up with an excuse for not having them. Effin person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed.

Thanks for posting this Kong, I think the Board Community can put a stop to this nonsense if we all report it.

Personally I have no issue if a seller wants to make other fans aware of something cool to add to their collections...it's when the seller continues to post "3 left", "2 left", "sold out"

I don't need blow by blow details on a sales thread I just need to know the link then leave it at that :sumo:

Ok I am done with my rantrant

Totally agree, it's not that big of a deal but the play by play is not necessary. That being said I would like to let everyone know I have a couple Vannen Walking Dead Watches (First Edition, Signed and Numbered by Kirkman and Adlard. #'s 6,82 and 187) for sale! PM me if you are interested.

Oh, also including the Walkers 2.0 Replacement band. :D