• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

TV show is a little slow but I really like it. Last part of season 2 was great!

how many years of the book are covered in two seasons of the show?

As stated above the show loosely follows the comic, but if you were to match it up right now, season 3 starts alongside #19.

As stated above the show loosely follows the comic, but if you were to match it up right now, season 3 starts alongside #19.

Loosely based is right. Although I think Kirkman improved on some things while not really making others better or worse. I really liked how Shane lasted a lot longer. I also liked Herschel and how his character developed. Although Lori and her struggle with Shane lasted way too long and so did the damn search for Sophia. :makepoint: Edited by ChadH

hm But what if they were variant covers?...

Seriously though, I would be fine with something like issue 43 filling in the background of the Saviors.

What would be so bad about Rick dying or the view shifting to another group?

When you read 100 issues of something you tend to get attached to main characters.

I know due to the nature of the genre/story, characters will be killed off here and there but to shift the focus to a whole new group and introduce a whole new set of characters all at once kinda hinders the progress of the story imo. I don't want to re-read or go back to the beginning of a story I have already been reading. If I wanted to do that, I would just read issues #1-100 over again, no sense in paying double for a story I have already read, even if it is from new characters perspective.

As a reminder, episode 2 of the WD game came out today.

This wasn't available for me today. I am in the US and have a PS3.

Friday :gossip:

Jim

Thanks. Felt there was less gameplay in this chapter. Still was fun. Now another month to chapter 3!

As a reminder, episode 2 of the WD game came out today.

This wasn't available for me today. I am in the US and have a PS3.

Friday :gossip:

Jim

Thanks. Felt there was less gameplay in this chapter. Still was fun. Now another month to chapter 3!

Only if it comes out on time.

How about a little light on what caused all of this? I know Kirkman has said he wouldn't give an explanation but maybe a little info?

Personally, i don't want info on how it happened. Just show me the effects and how life changes after this, with some good zombie action here and there. I feel a far better story can be told without explaining what started this.

The show doesn't follow the comic exactly so kinda hard to say. Less than 2 years if I had to say

ok cool. thank you for the info :)

it's like....it's like i was bitten by a roamer! lol

Yeah, you'll like the show, particularly because it's not a strict adaptation of the comic. Many of the same things happen, but a lot of stuff changes, which keeps us interesting for long time readers.

The first 6 or so episodes of season 2 are inexplicably boring though. Stick with it through that part and it's great.

i've been trying to play the walking dead game, but don't have xbox/ps3. i looked for the pc version, but a google search turned up nothing. do you have to buy it in stores?

You'll have to have a PC that can run it. Recommended requirements will be on there.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/207610/

Edited by buddymagoo

i've been trying to play the walking dead game, but don't have xbox/ps3. i looked for the pc version, but a google search turned up nothing. do you have to buy it in stores?

You'll have to have a PC that can run it. Recommended requirements will be on there.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/207610/

that's what i was looking for

For any that think Lori is alive, here is Kirkman's answer from issue 50. If she lives, the series officially jumps the shark. it would just prove to me that Kirkman is being lazy and going for shock value rather than creating a quality story with strong characters.

127798.jpg.27abcf0be6fa2d2e018ac559b78530dc.jpg

If he breaks that promise, he also break with realism. Would it be shocking? Yes. Would it create discussion? Yes. Would it be some stupid plot twist that isn't based in TWD reality? Yes.

TWD is already devolving. I think it was a series that should have been limited to 100 issues or so. It could have been a great limited series like Y, Preacher or Sandman but instead it is going to end up going on entirely too long and limping to the finish line.

It's hard to believe nobody in the series know how to fish?Are the fish contaminated? I don't remember a boat in the whole story so far.Even if it was used for transportation. No interstate pileups to worry about and plenty of fishing towns to go in and out of for supplies. And what about hunting. Are all the wild animals gone? They're in the woods alot...no deer,squirrels,rabbits?

It's hard to believe nobody in the series know how to fish?Are the fish contaminated? I don't remember a boat in the whole story so far.Even if it was used for transportation. No interstate pileups to worry about and plenty of fishing towns to go in and out of for supplies. And what about hunting. Are all the wild animals gone? They're in the woods alot...no deer,squirrels,rabbits?

You do NOT want to screw with a zombie squirrel!!!!!!!! :o

Does anyone have a website or can list all the different countries variant covers? For instance I know a good number of the first 10 issues in the Serbian edition are different. I'm having a hard time finding a good resource with all this information in one place. Thanks.