• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Just wait until the rest of them hit the market and watch the price plummet. The Escape variant is "officially" a $120 book, apparently...until the rest of the 10k print run hits the market. This happens every year with SDCC merch...pre-sales always reach much higher prices than sales that occur once the product has been distributed.

Well sad I missed out on these but meh... I have plenty of other stuff I should spend money on, but considering what is selling on Splash for $700 they were a steal! A real investment I reckon.

Issue 13 page 6

Issue 13 page 7

edit: outbid with 2 secs to go

Edited by Garf

The Escape variant is "officially" a $120 book, apparently...until the rest of the 10k print run hits the market.

it's been selling for $100-110 recently. i've seen two sell for $100 shipped. definitely going down. so glad i got $155 for mine (though if i had been a few days earlier i could have gotten $200+)

Well sad I missed out on these but meh... I have plenty of other stuff I should spend money on, but considering what is selling on Splash for $700 they were a steal! A real investment I reckon.

Issue 13 page 6

Issue 13 page 7

nice. granted my page from issue #13 is boring, but it's definitely worth more than the $35 i paid.

Issue 13 page 6

Issue 13 page 7

nice. granted my page from issue #13 is boring, but it's definitely worth more than the $35 i paid.

I disagree on the steal - I had him offer me the pages at 300 pounds each off ebay about a week ago - I turned it down.

The price was in my opinion above fair market - splashpage prices have gotten to the point of insanity - my plan for now is to wait --- 3-5 years from now you will have people begging you to take their WD pages at prices much much less than now.

So Image Comics and Skybound did one hell of a job of keeping the plot of the WD 100 secret. Tomorrow that will all end when dealers get there copies, but kudos to them for keeping it under raps until tomorrow morning/afternoon.

On a seperate note, a couple Walking Dead 19s sold for very low prices today (in comparison to what they've been selling for) ... one went for $200 that looked to be a 9.6 probably an easy 9.8 after a press ... the other looked to be a 9.8 and didn't sell for much more. Neither seller had much feedback and one was in the UK, but I've seen tons of raw copies in much worse shape sell for well over $350 routinely since Michonne first appeared on TV. I would have thought that the Talking Dead scene would have inspired someone to bid up those books. Never can tell. Goes to show that when SDCC is going on you can catch some real deals on feebay if you look hard enough.

Edited by Nico Esq

Guest Reader
Thats awesome. And LA Noire... As in the video game, there a show?? Omg... That will be killer!

Show has nothing to do with the game from what I understand. Also Darabont decided to spell it L.A. Noir instead of the normal spelling Noire.

Using "Noir" in the title is a terrible idea. That's just trying too hard. Noir doesn't need to scream noir. They should have called it L.A. Confidential. Oh wait...