• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

I was kinda meh about this issue.

Dont think it lived up to the hype

One of the things i really did NOT like was:

** spoilers ahead!**

It ended up being Glenn who Kirkman spoiled himself by announcing it in the Letter Hacks a few issues ago when he posted that list of characters he missed writing.

Seems to me kinda of like Kirkman pooping his pants. I was certain that was a feint, designed to make folks think it would be someone else, but it ended up being true.

I thought Andrea was going to buy the farm in an all out battle at the Community.

I wonder what Steven Yeun thinks about Glenn dying in the comic today? lol

Kirkman is pretty good at misdirection and also getting you emotionally involved in the characters. I am kinda leaning more towards the "use of shock value as a crutch" vs "creative plotting or exposition" position now, though, that some people have been taking in the Letter Hacks.

Still I like the book and have just read 75-100 in the past few days. :banana:

Interested to see how the arc plays out.

Hello everyone, I've been a longtime lurker on this board for about a year and a half. After reading issue #100, I had to come out of hiding to just to say...

Damn you, Kirkman, you heartless . Why? Why did you have to do that to Glenn?

As some of you may have guessed Glenn was my favorite character so this was a really tough issue to read. And you know, it's not even the fact that he died that has me so upset. I had a feeling it was going to be Glenn that bites the dust in this issue. I just knew. So I already prepared myself for tha

It was how he died. That was brutal. This is the first time I thought for second about maybe not reading the book.

But only for a second.

Of course I'm going to continue to read TWD. Heck, what have I got to lose now? At least now I'm won't have to be crossing my fingers or holding my breath, thinking please don't let Glenn die, please don't let Glenn die while reading an issue from now on. And he did have a good run. But still, it doesn't make it hurt any less.

R.I.P Glenn :'(

I'm gonna miss ya buddy.

Man, I hope I didn't screw up the spoiler tag.

Hello everyone, I've been a longtime lurker on this board for about a year and a half. After reading issue #100, I had to come out of hiding to just to say...

Damn you, Kirkman, you heartless . Why? Why did you have to do that to Glenn?

As some of you may have guessed Glenn was my favorite character so this was a really tough issue to read. And you know, it's not even the fact that he died that has me so upset. I had a feeling it was going to be Glenn that bites the dust in this issue. I just knew. So I already prepared myself for tha

It was how he died. That was brutal. This is the first time I thought for second about maybe not reading the book.

But only for a second.

Of course I'm going to continue to read TWD. Heck, what have I got to lose now? At least now I'm won't have to be crossing my fingers or holding my breath, thinking please don't let Glenn die, please don't let Glenn die while reading an issue from now on. And he did have a good run. But still, it doesn't make it hurt any less.

R.I.P Glenn :'(

I'm gonna miss ya buddy.

Man, I hope I didn't screw up the spoiler tag.

Welcome to the boards Sarah! (thumbs u

Do you guys really notice a big difference in the art? I"m just curious maybe I need to go flip back and look at some of the issues in the 40's and look. Or are you all complaining that it's not Tony Moore?

classic Adlard -- every once in a while he drops a gem in the newer pages - but most are rushed!!

I just read the book. I enjoyed it, even after reading the spoilers this morning. I couldn't hold out. The hype was a bit exaggerated. But that is what hype is supposed to be. Here are my thoughts:

This definitely isn't Rick's darkest hour in terms of losing someone. But darkest hour in who he is up against.

Negan is bigger than the governor. Bigger in the sense of his support. The guy has an army behind him. Explains a bit more why the hilltop is so afraid of him. Interested to see what happens next and how the group responds. And I too get the sense that Jesus is working with Negan

I expected more with the issue. Oh well.

+1

Can't understand why this comic gets so much love and such as Rachel Rising (infinitely superior story) gets none (shrug)

Because for the first 50-60 issues it was an above average comic and fools like me thought (and many still think) it might get good again some day.

At this point I think the TV show is better than the comic, but that's not really saying much I guess.

I thought the issue was amazing, and for the first time in my life as soon as I finished reading it, I read it again.

Initial thoughts are I am so gonna like this foil for Team Grimes so much more than the Governor. Can't wait for #101.

Jim

I really enjoyed it as well - it was a great issue and very gruesome. Although I do agree that the art has fallen off in quality quite a bit these last several issues. I have friends at SDCC and was going to try to get a page or two but after going through the issue a few times, I decided against it.

I avoided the spoilers

Read it in my car after leaving LCS

What a great issue. Say what you want but the story is what this book is all about. Just think of the art as a little bonus when reading it. Doesn't even need to be there. If you want good art buy something else, I'd still rather read a sub-par issue of WD than most other books on the market.

What a great way to start my SDCC journey tonight. :whee:

Anyone want to explain this one to me?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WALKING-DEAD-100-Mis-Print-Mistake-Printing-Error-Variant-Bryan-Hitch-Cover-F-/350580480115?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item51a0399873

So the book was cut improperly and that makes it an 'error'?

Well at least he admitted in the small print way down in the description...I know it's not really a "variant", but for someone who is a true completionist, and with the hype around this issue, it's a must-have in some Zombie Fan's collection!

lol:facepalm:

Not sure what is considered a spoiler so i'll tag it anyways...

With all the hype of this being a #100 issue I don't think there is anything anyone could have put in those pages that would have lived up to that.

Kirkman kind of put himself into a corner where he HAD to off someone in the issue. If this was just a another random Walking Dead issue people would have been a lot more surprised rather then picking it up thinking lets find out who dies. It will read better for people in trade since they won't have all the hype surrounding it.

If you strip away the hype and just look at the story, I enjoyed this a lot and look forward to see what happens to Rick and the crew. That Jesus is sooooo working with Negan!

For everyone who is feeling bitter maybe it's time to take a break from the WD :P